Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Debate Physically disciplining children

It's banned where I live. Teachers are not supposed to use physically painful means to punish children. Some do neverthless in the of discipline.

In my opinion, this will not be a real result, because the children will learn something in this way, not because they understood that it is wrong, but because they know what they can be punished for, so when they become adults, they will do something bad for it. will not be punished and they will not understand that they are doing something bad

Some schools come very hard on children in terms of punishments. They bring good result too at the end of the terms. Some parents are stupid enough to support it.

I got it when younger and I hate my so called father. Let the old bastard try that now. It would not end well for him, believe me.

In my country, it is perfectly normal to spank your child. They see it as good parenting but that doesn't resonate well with me. I believe it breeds violence in the mind of the child when you keep spanking him or her.

I got it when younger and I hate my so called father. Let the old bastard try that now. It would not end well for him, believe me.
This doesn't sound well. Seems you loathe and despise yours dad so much from the way you sound. I also had a tiger dad that still slapped me some few years back. I am an adult that fends for myself but the old man slapped me. It was loss of temper that caused that which I understand. I didn't talk to him for a year plus. But we mended fences and moved on.

In everything one does, I always feel one should patronize family over any other.

Most kids have no choice. For their good or not, they do not get to complain much.

Over here in my country, I think it's safe to say it is part of our culture to physically discipline children. Though there are limits to this, and anyone found going beyond this limit will be delt with by the authorities.

That's nice. There should be someone who cares about children. We have govt bodies that attend to such complaints. That is good and effective and works in most cases.

Over here in my country, I think it's safe to say it is part of our culture to physically discipline children. Though there are limits to this, and anyone found going beyond this limit will be delt with by the authorities.
In Africa, physical discipline is allowed. You can use a cane and carefully flog a child in a place that he or she would not be wounded. I was a high school teacher and I used physical discipline to great effect on my students but never went overboard.

I will have to say that while physically punishing the kids might be frowned at by others, it is the best way to let them know that they are wrong and take corrections. But then, at the same time , the punishment shouldn't be too extreme.

My parents never raised a hand at me, and I like to think I turned out okay....

I think this thread comes from a misunderstanding of human nature. Not all kids are good and some good kids become bad with no restraint. Does anyone agree?

After some contemplation, I realized that I don't care either way. Humans are the problem with this planet, and that's never going to change.

Parents should strive to employ positive and constructive discipline methods that promote a child's emotional, social, and cognitive development in a safe and loving environment.

Like the saying goes, spare the rod and spoil the child. I believe that in order to incorporate discipline in a child it is necessary to go physical when the child refused to adhere to verbal reasoning.

Parents should strive to employ positive and constructive discipline methods that promote a child's emotional, social, and cognitive development in a safe and loving environment.
I agree that parents need a widespread approach to parenting. In fact, physical discipline would be a last resort, but considering how many kids act, it might come about very often. Anyway, as I was saying, I ran into so many rotten kids that are bullies that I really believe at some point the parents simply didn't punish them harshly enough.

Featured Articles

Back