Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Debate Physically disciplining children

I agree that parents need a widespread approach to parenting. In fact, physical discipline would be a last resort, but considering how many kids act, it might come about very often. Anyway, as I was saying, I ran into so many rotten kids that are bullies that I really believe at some point the parents simply didn't punish them harshly enough.
I also believe that physical discipline should be used as a last resort. So when all other available options have been explored and the kid is has still not learned his lesson, it becomes necessary to go physical.

What are your thoughts on parents physically disciplining children? Is it an acceptable form of punishment? Why or why not?
Physical discipline isn't acceptable for children. It can lead to lasting harm and doesn't effectively teach desired behavior. Positive methods like clear expectations and consequences are more effective and promote a healthy relationship.

Discipline issued on the rear end isn't hurting kids or teaching them to be violent, other than teaching them to give their kids later in life the same thing. Anyway, though, physical discipline issued other ways is of grave concern. For instance, if some guy hits a small child across his head hard, which I highly suspect some cultures approve of, then that could really damage his/her brain.

Featured Articles

Back