Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Sitting down or lying down to watch movies?

Heatman

Off The Mark
Reaction score

How do you enjoy watching your movies or TV series? Do you like sitting down or lying down to them when you're at home? I can't lay down to watch movies, it will make it very easy for me to sleep off.

Do you like sitting down or lying down to watch movies?

I always like to watch movies while lying down if I'm watching them at home. The only time I sit and watch is when I'm watching one on TV in my living room.

Ideally I want to lay-back when I watch a movie but occasionally I'll also sit down.

Sometimes, I'll lay down back a bit while sometimes I'll sit on my edge of my couch. It depends on whatever I'm watching.

I sit down while watching a movie. If I lay down, I will most probably fall asleep halfway through the movie.
If it is the daytime while I watch a movie though, I might lie down as I know I won't fall asleep.

If I'm not sitting down to watch movies, it shows the movie was never something of interest because I'll be asleep before I go any far with the movie playing.

I've never lay down to watch movies. If I do, I would sleep off because it's a very relaxing way to sleep, not to watch movies. Also, I have the habit of sleeping off quickly.

I usually just sit down to watch movies, the only time I'll lay down to watch a movie is if I'm upstairs since my in laws have a couch that's near the tv. In my living area downstairs, we don't have a tv that's directly in eye view from our bed so I'll just sit in my recliner.

I am normally watching moves when I am in bed, so I am mostly laying down.

I usually just sit down to watch movies, the only time I'll lay down to watch a movie is if I'm upstairs since my in laws have a couch that's near the tv. In my living area downstairs, we don't have a tv that's directly in eye view from our bed so I'll just sit in my recliner.

I like to sit down as well when I am watching movies. I can't remember a situation where I laid back to watch movies. I mean, what is the reason for trying to act in that kind of manner when I know that sleeping off will be the next course of action 😄. So, each time that I want to watch a movie to the end, I prefer to sit down just to watch the movie and have a good time.

I sit down while watching a movie. If I lay down, I will most probably fall asleep halfway through the movie.
If it is the daytime while I watch a movie though, I might lie down as I know I won't fall asleep.
It depends on the content of the movie. If there is nothing new in the movie and still repeating old stories then you are bored which explains sleep even if you sit down by experience. If it is exciting then you are interested to know rest of story.

I like to lie on my bed while watching movies, it is so relaxing when you lie on the bed. I usually watch movies and TV shows on my laptop and keep my laptop on a low table while watching movies. I also watch on TV and when I am watching movies on TV, I like to sit on a couch and keep my legs on the table.

Last edited:
Sitting down to watch movies or series is more convenient and comfortable. I've tried lying down to watch, my neck kept paining me. I had to sit up straight away.

I will not be comfortable to lay down and watch movies or TV shows. Unless my TV is fixed on the roof of the room, then I will lay flat on my back that I will be able to watch movies or TV shows in such situations without feeling any discomfort in my neck mostly. I prefer being seated to watch movies or TV shows.

I really like watching movies in movie theaters because there are comfortable chairs and they are very pleasant, but if we talk about watching a movie at home, I like to lie down because there is no such comfortable chair to sit on. Although I also have a problem like yours that I can easily fall asleep even if the movie is very interesting

Sitting down to watch movies or series is more convenient and comfortable. I've tried lying down to watch, my neck kept paining me. I had to sit up straight away.
This is true, but not everyone has a comfortable seat like in a movie theater. I would also like to sit at home in front of the big screen, but I mostly watch movies on my laptop in my bed

I feel the same way when I try to lay down to watch movies. The neck cannot adjust well in such a position which is why it kept causing me a sharp pain. If I'm serious about watching a movie, I will look for the best spot in the living room and sit on my couch.

I feel the same way when I try to lay down to watch movies. The neck cannot adjust well in such a position which is why it kept causing me a sharp pain. If I'm serious about watching a movie, I will look for the best spot in the living room and sit on my couch.
I would also like to watch movies like this, if there is a comfortable sofa where you can sit comfortably and your neck won't hurt, but if you have to choose between lying down and sitting in a simple chair, it's better to watch movies lying down

If the simple chair in question is comfortable for me to sit in it and watch the movie I have cued to watch, I will prefer sitting down in it and watch the movie than to lay down. I would only feel some pains in my butt if the movie's duration is too long.

Even in cinemas, when the films are not very long, it still hurts the butt because we can't sit that long before the break. If I have to watch a movie sitting at home, I take breaks
If the simple chair in question is comfortable for me to sit in it and watch the movie I have cued to watch, I will prefer sitting down in it and watch the movie than to lay down. I would only feel some pains in my butt if the movie's duration is too long.

Featured Articles

Back