Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Movies Do you always sleep off watching movies at night?

No, I don't always fall asleep while watching movies at night. I find that it really depends on the film and my energy levels. If it's a particularly engaging or suspenseful movie, I'm able to stay alert and focused throughout. However, if I'm already feeling tired, I may occasionally drift off, especially during slower-paced or more contemplative films. But I try to be mindful of my energy levels when choosing what to watch in the evenings.

It is quite easy for me to fall asleep if it is a comedy or a drama, that is, where there is no intense plot and even if the movie is very interesting. However, if it's a thriller or an action movie, I definitely won't fall asleep because the plot will be very intense

It is quite easy for me to fall asleep if it is a comedy or a drama, that is, where there is no intense plot and even if the movie is very interesting. However, if it's a thriller or an action movie, I definitely won't fall asleep because the plot will be very intense
So you mean that sometimes you fall asleep even if you are watching a comedy movie and the movie is very very interesting? That is not the case with me though, if I find a movie very interesting I will hardly sleep, unless maybe I'm very very tired because of the days work.

No, I don't, Although sometimes I do feel sleepy but I mostly manage to finish off the movie

No, I don't, Although sometimes I do feel sleepy but I mostly manage to finish off the movie
You have a fighting spirit in you. Most times that me and sleep fights, I end up losing. So I just switch off the movie and go to sleep.

There was a time I could watch movies all through the night each day and won't even sleep off, right now I get tired, even when am enjoying the movie there are times were I still get tired.

It has happened with me at times but not always and that's why I prefer to watch movies during the weekend
Same here, but these days even during the weekends I don't have enough time to watch the movie I want to.

Last edited:
It happens to me too. Many times, it happens to me in the theater as well. In childhood, we used to wait for late-night movies but used to go to sleep before the scheduled time and used to repent in the morning.

Lol I remember when growing up, back then we didn't have access to the Internet or a satellite dish, there was one of our local channel that usually shows movies around 11pm or 12am, so we had to wait just to watch them, while running whenever we hear the door open or footsteps.

Lol I remember when growing up, back then we didn't have access to the Internet or a satellite dish, there was one of our local channel that usually shows movies around 11pm or 12am, so we had to wait just to watch them, while running whenever we hear the door open or footsteps.
This definitely brings back old memories. When we had to wait for a particular time that our favorite movie will air on the TV. We do sneak out at nights too!

That's true!!
We did not have the privilege to watch a repeat telecast of the programs. Most of the good serials and programs were televised late at night in those days, and most of the time I used to miss them. In my childhood, I never had the habit of getting up late at night.

That's true!!
We did not have the privilege to watch a repeat telecast of the programs. Most of the good serials and programs were televised late at night in those days, and most of the time I used to miss them. In my childhood, I never had the habit of getting up late at night.
Myself and my siblings are so stubborn that we will wake up at midnights to watch those shows, even when we always get caught and punished for it!

🫣Whereas me and my elder brother used to go to sleep early without watching those programs, Most of those programs used to get telecast at 10:20 p.m., and now a days we don't sleep even at 11:30 p.m. What a change it has been now.

That's true!!
Hahaha me and my siblings back then always been the type to sneak out of bed to watch movies. It was nice back then but right now I don't think I have the strength to watch a movie all night.

My kids are different than me. They can watch a movie the whole night and go to school in the morning the next day. It looks like the kids of this generation are more like robots. In our time, we used to sleep early and wake up early, but they are different.

These days I seem to have developed the habit of pausing the movie to take a little break, but before I know it I am already sleeping.

All the time. I'm a watching a 3 hour movie, and I end watching maybe an 1 hour. The rest is watched by my phone since I always fall asleep 😄

I don’t sleep off watching movies except they turn out boring or I am tired, and just using the movie as background noise

Featured Articles

Back