Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Movies Do you always sleep off watching movies at night?

Heatman

Off The Mark

Reaction score
I used to stay up very late in the night to watch movies or TV series. Recently, it's not been working out so much as I planned it because I easily sleep off now once I start watching movies or TV series at night.

How do you fare whenever you're watching movies at night?

Pretty good because I don't sleep anyway.

I don't watch movies late very often for this very reason. I felt sleepy last time I watched a movie, even though the movie itself was great, but I powered through it.

I don't sleep off while watching movies, in fact when I watch movies, my sleep vanishes. However, the movie I am watching should be something I am very much interested in. If I get to watch my favorite genre, I can binge watch all through the night.

Unless the movie is very boring, I won't take long to sleep off at it. If I'm watching an interesting movie, I can never sleep off.

My night isn't for watching movies or TV shows. It's meant for sleeping. I will not be awake past 8pm, I'll be in bed tucked in for sleep.

I don't watch movies too late in the night as I know I will end up falling asleep while I am in the middle of watching it.
I only watch movies in the daytime or early in the evening.

No, I don't always sleep off watching movies at night. Sometimes I am too engrossed in the movie to fall asleep, or I make sure to watch movies earlier in the day to avoid staying up too late and disrupting my sleep schedule.

I don't have issues watching movies till all hours of the night, but my girl tends to pass out watching movies that go beyond 11pm or so. So I really cant watch anything past 11 :(

Study after study shows that in order to have a good night's sleep it is best NOT to have a TV in your bedroom, but of course nobody listens to that - so I go-to sleep with the TV on playing anything cool from Netflix or YouTube.. I'm not much of a movie watcher but when I do, I fall asleep. 😴

Sometimes I will quite literally fall asleep while watching a movie. My TV is in the same room as my lounge and bedroom so yeah, bad habits can easily form. But when I do, I catch up on my sleep the next few days getting rid of the "sleep debt".

It's easy for me to fall asleep while watching a movie, even the day before I don't often watch movies at night. Such cases happen only when I cannot fall asleep. But I still couldn't fall asleep in the cinema, even if the movie was shown at 3 in the morning

It is so natural that I would just sleep off when watching movies lying on my bed. I think my body just enters the relaxation mode and off I sleep. And at night, I always lie on the bed to watch movies.

Yes, I always do. It's becoming my habit, I hardly sit-down and watch a movie for 2 hours. In a just first episode, I'll begin to dozz off, I've tried and tried, it's still the same. Anyways it mainly happens at night

I don't get to sleep when I watch my favorite movie especially if the movie is very interesting. I can watch till daybreak😂

It has happened with me at times but not always and that's why I prefer to watch movies during the weekend

For me it depends. The nights where I am extremely tired, I usually sleep off while watching a movie or most times I simply pause it to take a little break but end up sleeping off without knowing. Other days I usually watch movies till am tired.

No, I listen to soft music every night before I go to bed. It relaxes me, a movie would have the opposite effect.

Guilty as charged! It happens to me a lot. This is due to me being so tired after the day's activities, so I will switch on the television thinking I will watch it for some time, only for me to sleep off midway.

If I'm watching a movie I'm not that into I usually pass out, but if it's a movie I've been waiting to see I'll always watch it until the end.

Featured Articles

Back