Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Debate Afterlife

Excommunicado

Signing off
Reaction score

What do you believe happens after you die? Reincarnation? Heaven/Hell? ..or nothing?

I would so much love to believe in afterlife which is heaven or hell because of all that's been said so far. I'm an African man, we do believe in reincarnation too. Some of them are good while some are bad.

Maybe there's heaven or hell fire, I'm not but I guess we will all have to find out if any of it is real when we kick the bucket. I'm not convinced 100% they are real though.

I'm Muslim so I believe in the afterlife and the concept of heaven/hell. It certainly gives life a lot more purpose; it's hard to believe that life is for nothing and when you die, it's the end - humans and the world we live in is too complex for it to be so simple.

Had a really weird dream one night where I was told we reincarnate until we no longer have “morbid curiosity” or any attraction to what the universe can offer. Where we go from there? I woke up.

True story

Had a really weird dream one night where I was told we reincarnate until we no longer have “morbid curiosity” or any attraction to what the universe can offer. Where we go from there? I woke up.

True story
You know, even though that was a dream, it's quite poignant. I don't believe in a religion nor in spirituality. I would however like to think something is there after. & it doesn't matter if one is a certain religion nor what they did or didn't do in life.
As for reincarnation, I like that dream you had. Reincarnate until we no longer have the desire, curiosity, to do so. Then after, maybe we are done because we don't NEED anything more.

I partially believe in a afterlife, but I also believe in reincarnation too. There's been videos of young children recounting past lives, and I feel that they weren't finished with what needed to be done in their previous life so they were reborn again. I think once your soul is done with it's purpose in life, it can rest but until then it's going to continue to come back in some form.

An interesting dream, Lucy, because reincarnationists believe that we continue to be reborn until we have burned up all of our Karma and are thus ready to enter permanent Nirvana.

An interesting dream, Lucy, because reincarnationists believe that we continue to be reborn until we have burned up all of our Karma and are thus ready to enter permanent Nirvana.
I don’t like the thought of coming back but I was also told in this dream about other planets

Death is the irreversible cessation of all biological functions, including brain activity. It is the end of consciousness. When we die, there is no continuation of the self, and our consciousness simply ceases to exist.

But guess what. I don't need the threat of hell or the reward of heaven to live as a good man.

I think justice exists for the bad but I don't think it's eternal, but I don't want to find out what the punishment is. 😬

Well, that's what I take from the Bible, but it's considered a soft and heretical view by most Christians.

I was always a believer in the Afterlife, but now I have an even stronger belief in it after watching Sam and Colby's Conjuring House episodes from the end of October.
It amazed me how much evidence they had gotten from the afterlife in the space of 7 days.

The Christian thing seems too good to be true and too bad too be true. Well, what I mean is that people living forever with God is too good to be true and others being tortured in hell, for eternity, mind you, is unbelievable.

What do you believe happens after you die? Reincarnation? Heaven/Hell? ..or nothing?

I'm a Christian, so I believe in heaven and hell. This is why I try as much as possible to live a righteous life. I do good by my fellow human beings.

I believe in heaven and hell. This is why I try as much as possible to live a righteous life.
That’s interesting. If you did not believe in eternal damnation as a punishment for sin would you commit crimes and atrocities against other people?

My best guess is nothing. Why are humans so special? What about all the other life? What happens when they die? We are just animals in the vastness of nature and the Universe. We are not unique. Besides, the "afterlife" is a religious concept. Religion was created by us, it didn't exist already, it was made up. That only means to validate my thoughts about this subject.

On the good side, dying, I imagine, is like falling asleep. You don't remember you were awake when you are sleeping, so thus, you probably won't remember you were alive, so it doesn't matter....

Just my thoughts.

That’s interesting. If you did not believe in eternal damnation as a punishment for sin would you commit crimes and atrocities against other people?

No, I wouldn't do such things either if I never believed in eternal damnation for my soul. I can't do what I wouldn't like to be done to me to another person.

Then why say, "this is why" when it's not the case?

After my death, I believe in nothingness. No heaven, hell, or reincarnation. Just a cessation of consciousness. It's a sobering thought, but one that forces me to appreciate the fleeting nature of life and find meaning in the present moment.

After my death, I believe in nothingness. No heaven, hell, or reincarnation. Just a cessation of consciousness. It's a sobering thought, but one that forces me to appreciate the fleeting nature of life and find meaning in the present moment.
Digging it.

Featured Articles

Back