Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Do you keep your PC on overnight?

No, I don't do that and I don't see any reason to do that. If I am not working I try to keep it off and in a state which makes it safe even if there is a power surge or any such problem

No,I don't.When I know I won't be using the computer nonstop for hours at a time, I turn it off. Why should it be required to be kept on even when not in use? What is the purpose of wasting electricity?

No,I don't.When I know I won't be using the computer nonstop for hours at a time, I turn it off. Why should it be required to be kept on even when not in use? What is the purpose of wasting electricity?
Exactly, wouldn't want to be amassing too much on electricity bills. So it is better to turn off any electrical appliances when not in use.

Exactly. The cost of electricity is too high these days everywhere, so it's better to save money by saving it. However, computers don't consume too much energy, so it's still better to save even a little energy. It's always better to save even a penny if we can.

Why should a PC be left on overnight when it is not doing anything? It is better to turn it off so that it can cool off from the day's work.
Lol true, but it does happens. Maybe when working then you sleep off.

Lol true, but it does happens. Maybe when working then you sleep off.

This was not a habit I ever had. Turning off my computer is the first thing I do when I start to feel drowsy. 😅 I have witnessed individuals sleeping while watching television. Individuals should take care and prevent from misusing electricity as well as cash.

This was not a habit I ever had. Turning off my computer is the first thing I do when I start to feel drowsy. 😅 I have witnessed individuals sleeping while watching television. Individuals should take care and prevent from misusing electricity as well as cash.
When I was younger, I had the habit of sleeping off whenever I'm operating a computer or whenever I'm watching the movie. But then, when I realize that it is draining me financially, I learned to always put them off whenever I'm starting to feel sleepy.

When I was younger, I had the habit of sleeping off whenever I'm operating a computer or whenever I'm watching the movie. But then, when I realize that it is draining me financially, I learned to always put them off whenever I'm starting to feel sleepy.

It's fortunate that you found it later. My spouse is quite fussy about not misusing electricity. When she turns on the water pump, she turns off the refrigerator. She keeps the load balanced in this way. I appreciate how she works to lower the cost.

I prefer to work on my personal computer and if I am not feeling well or don't feel like working then I will shut it off

It's fortunate that you found it later. My spouse is quite fussy about not misusing electricity. When she turns on the water pump, she turns off the refrigerator. She keeps the load balanced in this way. I appreciate how she works to lower the cost.
Your spouse is one in a million! It is good the way she usually tries to manage the amount of energy you use in your house. If it were left to some women, they wouldn't even care.

I don't like to keep any device or electric gadget on overnight and always disconnect these and its only refrigerator that keeps running all day

I don't like to keep any device or electric gadget on overnight and always disconnect these and its only refrigerator that keeps running all day
The refrigerator is a good reason to keep it running all day because it preserves the food. As for the others, there's no reason to leave them running.

Same here! I power down my PC every night. No need to keep it running when I'm catching Zzz's. Maybe for folks doing heavy downloads or video editing overnight, leaving it on makes sense, but for most everyday use, shutting down seems like the way to go.

Featured Articles

Back