Discussion Hub

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you keep your PC on overnight?

I don’t keep my PC on overnight. Can’t be wasting all that electricity. Besides, I barely use my PC anymore so even less reason to keep it on overnight.

Nope I never keep my PC on overnight. I don't want to waste electricity, so I always shut it down whenever I'm done using it.

Nope, unless I have a very specific reason (for example, downloading something that'll take several hours :p ).

I used to when I had an old desktop I ran a server off of, but I don't leave my laptop on overnight anymore. I no longer run said server so I don't have any need to leave it on overnight anymore.

No, I never keep my PC on overnight. I always shut it down once I'm done using it. I feel its a good habit to shut down your PC everyday after use.

I used to run a Terraria Server.. now it's done and i never keep my PC on overnight!

Unless I'm doing a big Windows update, I like to shut down my computer at night. It really clears things up for the next day.

I always shut down my PC at night. The only times I've ever left it on overnight is when it has gone to sleep while I've been busy doing something and completely forgotten I hadn't shut it down.

I hardly turn mine off. I normally have things running on it which is a pain to restart after a reboot, so it just stays on 24/7 :)

I can never keep my PC on overnight. Why would I do that when I don't have anything running on it which would require me having it on. I shutdown everything once I'm done with it.

Do you keep your PC on overnight? Why or why not?

Whenever I'm no longer using my PC or even laptop for anything, I will always switch it off or shutting down immediately. This is so that the whole system is going to cool off and ease off from working for hours.

I use a laptop. When I have to resume shortly, I keep the laptop on sleep mode, however, when I am not resuming shortly, I shut down my laptop. IN the past, I used to keep my laptop always on sleep mode but after some issues with performance, I started shutting down my laptop when not in use for an extended period of time.

Do you keep your PC on overnight? Why or why not?

Why would I need to leave by PC on overnight? If I'm not using my PC, it will be shutdown 100%. I feel that it's safer to use my PC that way to avoid any electrical problems.

Actually it doesn't use that much electricity when it's in sleep mode so it's not a problem if you leave it like that but I turn it off because it can short circuit and then it's better to have all appliances unplugged

No, I never leave the computer on at night because it is very noisy and even in sleep mode it disturbs me because I need complete silence to sleep and it will also consume electricity, which is not cheap, although it is no more than 50 watts per hour in this mode

I don't normally leave it on overnight. Even when I put it on sleep mood, it tend to go off on its own after a long period of time, so I don't normally worry about this.

Keeping your pc on overnight will shorten the longevity. The device needs to be able to cool down. SHUT IT OFF!

Why should a PC be left on overnight when it is not doing anything? It is better to turn it off so that it can cool off from the day's work.

There are times that I have had to keep my PC on the whole night because I slept off. The least thing I do is to hibernate the PC when I am not doing anything with it. That's far better, I guess.

Featured Articles

Back