Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

You may ask me anything you wish to ask. And I may answer truthfully.

Al

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fire away (just don't ask about my job).

What is your job? Just kidding.

What is your favourite season?

What is your favourite season?
My favourite season is the 2004-2005 season, a treble cup winning season for Liverpool FC.

First, Chelsea got thumped in the Carling Cup, 3-2. Always enjoyed sticking it to Chelsea.

Next LFC beat AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League final. Often referred to as the Miracle of Istanbul, Liverpool came back from a 3-0 down at halftime to draw the match 3-3; something which nobody expected would happen.
Liverpool went on to secure victory in a penalty shootout with Dudek denying Shevchenko for the win. It remains one of the most iconic moments in the history of the UEFA Champions League.

Finally, in the EUFA Super Cup, CSKA Moscow were swept aside in a comfortable 3-1 victory.

It was an extraordinary season. One of the best.

My favourite season is the 2004-2005 season, a treble cup winning season for Liverpool FC.

First, Chelsea got thumped in the Carling Cup, 3-2. Always enjoyed sticking it to Chelsea.

Next LFC beat AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League final. Often referred to as the Miracle of Istanbul, Liverpool came back from a 3-0 down at halftime to draw the match 3-3; something which nobody expected would happen.
Liverpool went on to secure victory in a penalty shootout with Dudek denying Shevchenko for the win. It remains one of the most iconic moments in the history of the UEFA Champions League.

Finally, in the EUFA Super Cup, CSKA Moscow were swept aside in a comfortable 3-1 victory.

It was an extraordinary season. One of the best.
That’s definitely the kind of season I meant! 😅

Who is your favourite player of all time? Got a feeling it’s going to be Steven Gerrard, lol.

Who is your favourite player of all time?

My favourite player of all time is probably going to be Jernau Morat Gurgeh.

Gurgeh is the main character and protagonist in the science fiction novel The Player of Games written by Iain M. Banks. The novel is part of Banks' Culture series, a collection of interconnected science fiction stories set in a highly advanced, post-scarcity, and space-faring society known as the Culture.

Gurgeh is a highly skilled and renowned game player within the Culture society. He excels in playing a wide variety of games, from strategy games to board games and beyond. The Culture places a significant emphasis on leisure and intellectual pursuits, and game playing is one of the most prestigious and competitive activities in their society.

In The Player of Games, Gurgeh is approached by the Culture's Contact organization, which is responsible for establishing contact and maintaining relationships with other civilizations. They recruit him to participate in a highly secretive and challenging mission. Gurgeh is sent to the distant and authoritarian Empire of Azad, a civilization where political power and social status are determined by one's skill in a complex and ruthlessly competitive game called Azad.

Gurgeh's mission is to become a champion in the game of Azad and, in doing so, to influence the political landscape of the Empire. As he becomes deeply entangled in the intricacies of Azad society, Gurgeh faces moral and ethical dilemmas and questions the Culture's values and his own role in this foreign civilization.

Throughout the novel, Gurgeh undergoes significant character development as he navigates the challenges of the game and confronts the darker aspects of the Azad Empire. The Player of Games explores themes of culture clash, the nature of power, and the role of games in society, all through the lens of Gurgeh's experiences and inner struggles.

Summer. Anyone who complains about being too hot during a British summer can get in the bin.

Would you save the world or save just a loved one? 😈

How do different religions and cultures conceptualize God, and what are the implications of these differing beliefs on society?

Featured Articles

Back