Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Why do you like DISCUSSION HUB?

Mad Hatter

Veteran

Reaction score
I am a member of a handful of forums but I hardly ever visit them anymore. I might post once or twice a month, some I have abandoned completely. This place has now become my #1 forum. What I like about this place is that I feel that I can be me and feel accepted as such.

I am a loner and am somewhat anti social. Yet here I can tell my story and give my mindset and many members seem to be able to relate. In fact quite a few members feel and think the way I do. Those that do not have no problem with it. This place is different and I like the difference.

How about you, what do you like about DH?

I like it because some interesting topics pop up now and then. Some of them are unique and some replies are worth replying.

I like discussion hub because it is a forum that is vast, contains topics on various niches that you can think of. This makes it possible for everyone to contribute their quota on their preferred topics.

Another reason I like it here is that the staff are easy to get along with. About 6 weeks ago I left a forum where I was the #2 thread creator for the month and I had posted 210 posts in that last month. I created this thread and one of the mods came on. We went back and forth then she went off on me.
She called me among other things "an idiot" said that I "was immature" that I was "childish" and a bunch of other stuff. The admin did nothing nor said anything. I decided to retaliate and brought up some personal stuff about the mod. Then and only then did the admin get involved and sent me a message basically admonishing me.

That was the last straw and I haven't been back since, nor will I. One thing that I have an issue with is a double standard. It appears over there at least that the rules apply only to members, but not to the staff....bullshit.:cautious:

I recently joined this forum because I was referred by a friend. I haven't spent much time here, but I'm impressed by the little I have seen so far. I hope I will keep enjoying it here.

Another reason I like it here is that the staff are easy to get along with. About 6 weeks ago I left a forum where I was the #2 thread creator for the month and I had posted 210 posts in that last month. I created this thread and one of the mods came on. We went back and forth then she went off on me.
She called me among other things "an idiot" said that I "was immature" that I was "childish" and a bunch of other stuff. The admin did nothing nor said anything. I decided to retaliate and brought up some personal stuff about the mod. Then and only then did the admin get involved and sent me a message basically admonishing me.

That was the last straw and I haven't been back since, nor will I. One thing that I have an issue with is a double standard. It appears over there at least that the rules apply only to members, but not to the staff....bullshit.:cautious:
I am sorry to hear you had to deal with this. It's a shame when staff tend to do things their way instead of setting an example as they should.

I recently joined this forum because I was referred by a friend. I haven't spent much time here, but I'm impressed by the little I have seen so far. I hope I will keep enjoying it here.
We are glad you are liking what you have seen so far and we look forward to chatting with you :)

This is my second month on the forum, I like the fact that there are lots of topics you can discuss on, like games and movies and the likes.

Another thing I like is that everybody gets along well here. On every other forum that I've ever seen there are big arguments and members that just can't seem to get along at all. It certainly doesn't help when you have staff that use their positions as leverage when they don't like your opinions.

That is correct. It is peaceful here. People are open to difference in opinion and do not mud sling each other out of ego.

I love it here because of the contests that keep coming every month. I love how there is also a wide range of topics that we can share and learn from. This is my first month here, I hope I put in the effort to win the contests.

I suppose the contests are fun for some but they are not for me. But if these contests help to bring in new members and prompt them to post a lot, then the contests are a good thing.

Why don't you like the contests? Have you ever won before? They often add an element of excitement and motivation for people to get involved and share their ideas or creations. Have you been on this platform for long?

Why don't you like the contests? Have you ever won before? They often add an element of excitement and motivation for people to get involved and share their ideas or creations. Have you been on this platform for long?
I don't care for the idea that some are posting in order just to win money. They will sometimes post 3 or 4 times on the same thread giving the same answer by using different words and sentences just to up their post count. Some of the answers one can tell are borrowed from Google.

Yeah, I tend to do some research to help me post so that I can stay informed. I'm also trying to create more threads to increase my post count. I believe with one being consistent, they can put in more effort.

Yeah, I tend to do some research to help me post so that I can stay informed. I'm also trying to create more threads to increase my post count. I believe with one being consistent, they can put in more effort.
The problem is that there are a couple of members who post answers word for word that they have copied from Google. It's obvious that they are doing this because first no one talks like this, and secondly when they go off script they can barely even write a coherent sentence. Yet when they post their copied content they come off like university professors with PHD's...laughable.

I am new here and I am yet to like or dislike this community. However, based on my preliminary observations, I believe this is a cool place to hang out. But I was wondering what is chat box doing in a discussion board when people can chat within the topics.

I don't care for the idea that some are posting in order just to win money. They will sometimes post 3 or 4 times on the same thread giving the same answer by using different words and sentences just to up their post count. Some of the answers one can tell are borrowed from Google.
It is not good to repeat the same idea several times by the same member. It will lower the quality of the thread. If it is a general opinion each member tells their opinion once. If there is outside discussion needs to be moved to a spare thread.

I am new to this site and don't know much about it. What I like about the site in two days, is that the formatting of the site is nice. The members so far are good. But the only thing is people are not much active here as I don't find threads/posts to participate here sometimes.

I am new to this site and don't know much about it. What I like about the site in two days, is that the formatting of the site is nice. The members so far are good. But the only thing is people are not much active here as I don't find threads/posts to participate here sometimes.
I'm glad you have a positive review of this forum in a short time you've been here. As for the site activities, that's why you are here. You are a member of this forum now so we will appreciate if you contribute in terms of threads and comments.

Featured Articles

Back