Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Gaming Which games did you play when you're depressed?

Nolan

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Video games have been known to be used for different reasons. There's even video game therapy used to help some people with their health issues. If you have been depressed before, what kind of video games did you play that helped you get by?

I have been depressed in the past and I still from time to time suffer from depression. I have found games that you have to grind such as Destiny 2 are the ones I turn to when I am feeling depressed. I find I can shut off in those kinds of games and it takes my mind off everything for a little while.

I've never been depressed but whenever I feel low I play games on my mobile. There's mostly this game called Mobile Legends Bang Bang (it's like DOTA). It's a MOBA game. Whenever I play it, it helps me forget the things that make me sad (temporarily, but yeah!) because its ranked mode requires a lot of focus to perform well. :p I definitely feel much better afterwards.

I am a fan of Subway Surfers in the Depression time. I play it for 3 or 4 hours to forget depression but I feel more sad when the phone is powered off battery because you could be excited during playing.:(

When I am depressed and stressed out, I find Forza Horizon very relaxing. This is a racing game set in real world scenery. You can drive in the fictional wold that is based real world location. This simulation game gives me adrenaline rush when ever I am playing. It lifts my mood and spirit. This is highly recommended game.

When you're depressed, you want to be away from the world, so you don't want to play online games the most. Therefore, when I had such a period, I played GTA 5 Story mod, which seemed very depressing to me then and even worsened my condition

I had this condition a long time ago, and back then I only played mobile games. Guns of Boom because this game was very popular back then and I could play a lot and just forget the passage of time. It helped me a lot because there is no voice chat and I didn't communicate with toxic players and I think it helped me a lot

I don't have a specific kind of game I play when am feeling down or depressed though. I simply just make use of whatever game I have at the moment. For now I have GTA San Andreas, so that's what I play.

When I'm going through a tough time and feeling down, I often find comfort in familiar, uplifting games that allow me to escape for a bit. Replaying old favorites like Super Mario Galaxy or A Hat in Time provides that warm nostalgia blanket. Exploring the bright, inviting worlds helps lift my mood.

I don't really see games as a way of taking away depression for me. Well maybe because I grew up not experiencing what depression actually feels like. So whenever I play game I just played for fun and not to make me feel better.

Featured Articles

Back