Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Debate Transgender Athletes

Mike

Off The Mark

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on transgender athletes? Should a transgender female (male to female) be allowed to participate in female sports? The obvious argument is that men have physically superior attributes to females, which poses the question of whether it is fair. What do you think?

I don’t think transgender females should be allowed to participate in female sports. It’s unfair to women, who are biological women.

I think sports should be classed by talent and not by sex myself. There are plenty of cis gendered women who can actually dominate against cis gendered men. Trans women whenever they are trying out for the Olympics must go through testing to make sure their testosterone levels are low. I think segregating trans people into their own category in sports is discriminating, and I think it's ridiculous that there's been people as of late thinking that trans women have a advantage in things like chess. :V Also as a trans man, we're usually always invisible on this issue and it's a blessing and curse though. If I was to work out more and try out for women's sports, I would have a unfair advantage because I'm medically transitioning and have more testosterone in my body just like a cis male. That's the world that some people want though.

Am abit confused about this because looking at things from one angle, it would seem unfair. If they should win, people would say it is because they where originally men. Giving them their own sports on the other hand is opening accepting them.

I am also not in support of transgender athletes competing in sports. No matter what, there will still be traits of the gender they are leaving behind. This will not be fair to others

I had to leave a forum because the transgender mod over there did not care for my opinions. The admin messaged me and said that I was homophobic and transphobic. So after that experience I will shut my mouth on this subject.

If a man pretends to be a woman I guess we are supposed to just accept it and say nothing. Now please excuse me while I throw up into a brown paper bag. 🤮

I had to leave a forum because the transgender mod over there did not care for my opinions. The admin messaged me and said that I was homophobic and transphobic. So after that experience I will shut my mouth on this subject.

If a man pretends to be a woman I guess we are supposed to just accept it and say nothing. Now please excuse me while I throw up into a brown paper bag. 🤮
I am also disgusted by the fact that someone decides to change their gender, for what exactly? Please do you have a spare brown paper bag? I might need it too🤢

Featured Articles

Back