Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Debate The Just Motive for War

Jayson

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Ultimately, we have various reasons, but in the case of US involvement in World War II, it was about not wanting to be Germany's punk. That's what it boiled down to and you can give me all the conspiracy and intellectual theories you want, but the reason was the same reason for the Cold War, as the Soviets were perfectly willing to conquer my country and make it Communist.

OK, call me redneck, but some things are obvious as the nose on your face 😀.

Honestly, I don't see any justifiable reason to go to war with anyone. When you imagine the lives that will be lost as a result of the war that will occur, you will agree with me that it doesn't make any sense. Let the people who are trying to create the war understand that there is always no winner at the end of the day.

Justification to kill civilians, none.

To kill anyone, none. But when there is war, it feels like killing and get killed are for good. War is strangely anti human, but a part of our life.

I always believe that compromise and dialogue is better than taking up arms to go to war. No matter the incitement, there is no justification at all to waste human lives. We know that the civilians are always the greatest casualties of any war situation.

You cannot and must not tolerate bullies be they in your life or as to a country seeking to impose their will over yours. War and violence are part of the human condition. Pacifists are cowards that will make excuses for not fighting while the real men will defend women and children. SIGN ME UP AND PUT THE GUN IN MY HAND.

There is enough going on all over the world. I remember the movie " The Patriot " killing is fun and justifiable when it happens in distant lands or borders. It is an ugly thing to have among us. Men in rage, ready to kill and do whatever they can to hurt people around where we live is a very bad scene to be in.

I don't think there is any reason that can actually justify war, cause we are talking about the innocent lives that must have been lost hear, people loosing their homes in a blink of an eye.

I don't think there is any reason that can actually justify war, cause we are talking about the innocent lives that must have been lost hear, people loosing their homes in a blink of an eye.
So..the enemy comes in , burns down your house and rapes all the women. You won't fight? What, should we then all holds hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya?

Thank the stars that there are people like me that will pick up the sword and gladly kill, so that people like you can live in peace.

So..the enemy comes in , burns down your house and rapes all the women. You won't fight? What, should we then all holds hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya?

Thank the stars that there are people like me that will pick up the sword and gladly kill, so that people like you can live in peace.
What reasons does the enemy have in the first place to come into your country to carry out all these acts? No matter the reasons the country that attacked first may have, it can never be a good enough reason to take away innocent lives.

What reasons does the enemy have in the first place to come into your country to carry out all these acts? No matter the reasons the country that attacked first may have, it can never be a good enough reason to take away innocent lives.
Give me a break! That is beyond naive...just how much pot does it take to have that position? LOL

Hey Bro, come on, ever heard of the world called defense? If for whatever reason you are being attacked and innocent lives in your country are threatened would you just sit back and watch?

Hey Bro, come on, ever heard of the world called defense? If for whatever reason you are being attacked and innocent lives in your country are threatened would you just sit back and watch?
Seems you guys are not getting my point. If you read carefully I said what reason does the enemy, which means I am not talking about you defending yourself. Defending is a totally different case and it is understandable. I am talking about who attacks first. No matter the reason the first attackers have, it can never be more valuable than human life.

Give me a break! That is beyond naive...just how much pot does it take to have that position? LOL
You can laugh out loud all you want, but we all can't have the same opinion. I still stand by what I said, notting justifies war. Like I explained to @Teegold, am not talking about a situation we're you defend yourself. But in a situation where the enemy attacks first, no matter their motives, it can never be valuable than human life. War happens yes, and majority of the times it's is mostly due to misunderstandings, or fighting for natural resources and so on. In the end none of this is more valuable than human life.

Last edited:
Seems you guys are not getting my point. If you read carefully I said what reason does the enemy, which means I am not talking about you defending yourself. Defending is a totally different case and it is understandable. I am talking about who attacks first. No matter the reason the first attackers have, it can never be more valuable than human life.

You can laugh out loud all you want, but we all can't have the same opinion. I still stand by what I said, notting justifies war. Like I explained to @Teegold, am not talking about a situation we're you defend yourself. But in a situation where the enemy attacks first, no matter their motives, it can never be valuable than human life. War happens yes, and majority of the times it's is mostly due to misunderstandings, or fighting for natural resources and so on. In the end none of this is more valuable than human life.
Oh I get your point now, I didn't know that was what you meant. The attackers are always the problem, there is never a reason good enough to invade a place and harm the innocent lives that are there.

Oh I get your point now, I didn't know that was what you meant. The attackers are always the problem, there is never a reason good enough to invade a place and harm the innocent lives that are there.
Exactly cause if they didn't attack first, the other party would not be forced to defend themselves or fight back.

Featured Articles

Back