Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Is Haaland missing KDB at City?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor

Reaction score
Manchester City are not having a bad season as they have had more wins and are in the top 4 in the English Premier League. However, Erling Haaland has not scored as much as you would expected when you compare to his last season performance at this stage. Do you think KDB being injured is the reason for his dip in form?

Considering the problem hasn't been chance creation, no. It's just a bad patch, every striker goes through them. Crazy part is that Haaland still has 8 goals in 8 PL games this season in his supposedly 'bad patch'...

I would say that it's both of them. He's not missing him because he's still scoring with 8 goals in EPL already. He's missing him because he would have scored more 8 goals if KDB was playing.

Absolutely yes! Erling Haaland haven't been the same since KDB was injured. He's still scoring goals but that link KDB vibes with him is no longer there.

Even Manchester City as a whole was missing KDB. Every other team in EPL had it easy with Manchester City when KDB was injured. Upon his return, Liverpool Coach Klopp said in his press conference that the whole city is shaking because he's back. In his first match against Newcastle, coming in as sub, he scored and assisted.

Whoever that have watched Manchester City play since they bought Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund and playing him as their top striker with KDB as their playmaker will know that since KDB was injured, the rate of Erling Haaland's scoring of goals in almost all matches he played in have reduced.

Whoever that have watched Manchester City play since they bought Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund and playing him as their top striker with KDB as their playmaker will know that since KDB was injured, the rate of Erling Haaland's scoring of goals in almost all matches he played in have reduced.

This is quite true. KDB has been a very good option for that club and even when there are other players such as Phil Foden, Doku, Jack Grealish and Alvarez that can help Erling Haaland upfront, one will agree with me that the quality of play always improves whenever Kevin De Bruyne is on the pitch. I am happy to see that he is back as he makes football look so easy on the pitch.

This is quite true. KDB has been a very good option for that club and even when there are other players such as Phil Foden, Doku, Jack Grealish and Alvarez that can help Erling Haaland upfront, one will agree with me that the quality of play always improves whenever Kevin De Bruyne is on the pitch. I am happy to see that he is back as he makes football look so easy on the pitch.
The other players in Manchester City like Phil Foden, Doku, Jack Grealish and Alvarez are all not as creative like KDB. All those players are more interested in scoring goals for themselves and not thinking of creating an opportunity for Erling Haaland upfront to score. This had Erling Haaland dropping too deep to play which caused his injury.

The other players in Manchester City like Phil Foden, Doku, Jack Grealish and Alvarez are all not as creative like KDB. All those players are more interested in scoring goals for themselves and not thinking of creating an opportunity for Erling Haaland upfront to score. This had Erling Haaland dropping too deep to play which caused his injury.
Such players are not constructive elements in the team. If a player tries to play on his own and doesn't have the mission of the team during playing this could result in bad consequences during playing and the opponent team cherishes this to score goals through collaborative team playing.

Such players are not constructive elements in the team. If a player tries to play on his own and doesn't have the mission of the team during playing this could result in bad consequences during playing and the opponent team cherishes this to score goals through collaborative team playing.
Yes, this was why Kevin De Bruyne was missed so much by the team when he was injured. He plays a vital role in linking up their play for every other players to score goals. His role is like that of Bruno Fernandes who's playing for Manchester United. He's the only creative players the other red side of Manchester have in their team too.

Yes, this was why Kevin De Bruyne was missed so much by the team when he was injured. He plays a vital role in linking up their play for every other players to score goals. His role is like that of Bruno Fernandes who's playing for Manchester United. He's the only creative players the other red side of Manchester have in their team too.
I hope Kevin De Bruyne gets well soon. Otherwise when a player is injured his performance during playing will reduce so much from before. Then other players could not rely a lot on him during playing but need to play on collaborative manner.

The other players in Manchester City, like Phil Foden, Doku, Jack Grealish and Alvarez are all not as creative like KDB. All those players are more interested in scoring goals for themselves and not thinking of creating an opportunity for Erling Haaland upfront to score. This had Erling Haaland dropping too deep to play which caused his injury.

This is true. I believe that Kevin De Bruyne is a special talent, and his ability to score goals as well has made him a dangerous player. I wonder how defenders feel when they are marking KDB because it is difficult to predict what he is going to do at the end of the day, he is that good!

This is true. I believe that Kevin De Bruyne is a special talent, and his ability to score goals as well has made him a dangerous player. I wonder how defenders feel when they are marking KDB because it is difficult to predict what he is going to do at the end of the day, he is that good!
This is one of the calculations of the opponent team. They calculate that the dangerous players must be far from the scoring zone during the match and concentrate on the weakness of the opponent team to make a score or at least a tie match.

If I am counting players who are playing in the English Premier League that can strike the football very strong to produce hot shot, Kevin De Bruyne is among the top 5 players who can do something like this. He can score wonderful goals and he is a master at creating goals for others to score.

If I am counting players who are playing in the English Premier League that can strike the football very strong to produce hot shot, Kevin De Bruyne is among the top 5 players who can do something like this. He can score wonderful goals and he is a master at creating goals for others to score.
He could play rapidly and create chances for the team to score. Other players may not have this feature as Kevin De Bruyne does. Making decisions rapidly and evaluating the weakness of the opponent's team to score rapidly made him a reliable football player.

I can remember how he changed the match against Newcastle in the English Premier League in just 20 minutes. I mean, there are just a few players that can use 20 minutes to create such chances in a game. Kevin De Bruyne is a great talent and one that we should give his flowers for always being the best player around in terms of creativity.

I can remember how he changed the match against Newcastle in the English Premier League in just 20 minutes. I mean, there are just a few players that can use 20 minutes to create such chances in a game. Kevin De Bruyne is a great talent and one that we should give his flowers for always being the best player around in terms of creativity.
Some players create a chance of scoring in the last 10 minutes of the match. A match could still be drawn and then in the last 10 minutes or even in time after the match that is for example they decide to add 5 minutes to play time this time they create a chance and score this time that no one expects there is scoring during this time.

The way Kevin De Bruyne played that his first match against Newcastle United after being out injured for more than 5 months, it looked like he was so eager and couldn't wait to play again. This saw him become the match winner for Manchester City in the match. Manchester City can't afford to lose Kevin De Bruyne.

The way Kevin De Bruyne played that his first match against Newcastle United after being out injured for more than 5 months, it looked like he was so eager and couldn't wait to play again. This saw him become the match winner for Manchester City in the match. Manchester City can't afford to lose Kevin De Bruyne.

I mean, the performance was breathtaking. Not many will believe that that guy just returned from injury and looked so sharp and focused on playing. Kevin De Bruyne is a special talent for Manchester City, just like when Frank Lampard used to play at Chelsea and was their creative engine as well in those years.

While injuries can certainly impact a player's form and rhythm, I don't think that fully explains Kevin De Bruyne's dip in production this season. The occasional nagging knock is part of the game at his level. More likely, it's a combination of mental fatigue from City's packed schedule, opposition teams game-planning specifically to stifle him, and perhaps even a slight complacency after his remarkable years of consistently elite performances.

Featured Articles

Back