Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Gaming Free or paid games?

Heatman

Off The Mark

Reaction score
What kind of video games do you like to play most? Are you always going for the paid games or you prefer getting the free to play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends etc...?

Personally, I don't fancy playing free games most of the time because how they put in a lot of microtransactions in the game but some of the free games are not bad at all.

There’s some good free games like Rocket League, Fortnite, Apex Legends, etc but most of the good games are paid, so I would definitely pick paid games. They’re paid for a reason.

On the computer, seeing as I mostly played Call of Duty, I mostly played paid games.

On my iPhone, although I've purchased a handful of games, I mostly play free games.

Most games I play are paid games, though there are a few free games that I enjoy such as Fortnite and Pokemon Go. I don't play Fortnite that much though, I play Go daily.

I play free games so much more than paid games. I don't like paying for games as I'm the type that would buy it, play it for a few days and then not play it again. It would be a waste of money for me so I stick to the free games.

I don't mind playing either paid or free games. As long as they are good in gameplay without aggressive microtransactions, I will play them and enjoy myself.

Free games have been my go to now for a while. They have kept me occupied whilst money has been tight.

For some I can understand why they are not something they are interested in.

There are some great free games out there. Just look at what Epic Games created, ‘Fortnite’. The free titles tend to come with pushy micro transactions that they want you to upgrade with but that’s the price you pay for not paying for paid title in the first place.

Free video games are still worth playing. Fortnite for example is a free video game and it's to me the best free to play game that's been made by Epic Games.

I can play free or paid games depending on the excitement that I derive from playing that particular game. It has nothing to do with what anyone is thinking in terms of whether the free games bring that quality since I have played a couple of free games that were very good and had good features as well.

I mostly play free games and kind of stick to them because paid games are really expensive for me. It's not like I can't afford them. It's just that I feel the games are not worth the price. There are certainly some games that I've purchased even though they were priced high, like Wicher 3: Wild Hunt, A Way Out, Need For Speed Heat, and a few more. I had watched a lot of gameplay videos before buying them just to make sure I don't regret later.

The free online game earns money more than paid ones. This is for a simple reason that the majority of people download the games on mobile phones and enjoy perks for viewing ads every day until they are bored with the game.

I play games based on my interest, therefore, I do not categorize games as a free game or a paid game. I enjoy playing Elden Ring, a paid game as well as Valorant, a free game. What actually matters to me is whether I can have fund playing the game or not. AS long as I can enjoy game, I have no issues with free games.

I play games based on my interest, therefore, I do not categorize games as a free game or a paid game. I enjoy playing Elden Ring, a paid game as well as Valorant, a free game. What actually matters to me is whether I can have fund playing the game or not. AS long as I can enjoy game, I have no issues with free games.
Not everyone has these international payment methods like international credit cards to pay for gaming credits and many people enjoy them in free mode, may they watch one day an advertisement for some temporary perks and this is how they are earning nowadays.

I understand. If you play free games, you might be limited in many ways, you might have to pay money to level up or watch ads to go to the next level. If there are too many ads, you might end up ditching the game. Micro transactions in games are not mandatory but sometimes you will have to buy things to enjoy the game in full.

I used to play free games when I had no money and a very powerful PC, but over time I realized that they are not at all comparable to paid ones. Because free games are always played by some small children who do not have money and often destroy the enjoyment of the game. For example, Valorant or Fortnite could also be paid

Well, the major disadvantages of pirate games are that you cannot save your game file in the cloud and you can't get achievements or trophies.

I don't normally play free games, most of the games I play are paid games. However, I also play a few free games. Valorant is one of the few free games that I enjoy playing. I do not play Fortnite these days but Fortnite is also one of the free games I have played. Another free game I have played is PUBG.

Even though I have played a lot of free games in the past, these days I mostly play paid games. Free games either have ads or in game transactions, so you either end up watching ads or have to spend money on micro transactions

Featured Articles

Back