Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Why do you visit a persons profile?

Kennedy

Active Contributor
Reaction score

Do you normally like to visit people's profile on forums that you're making use of? What makes you go to check out another user's profile?

Is it because of their profile picture or the kind of posts they make?

No.

The only profile I might visit is either my own so that I can edit it, or if I do visit another profile it's to send a private message to someone and has nothing at all to do with their content

The owner's profile is the only one I would visit because I like to follow them. I would visit other member's profile if any of them followed me to return the favour.

If the profile picture looks good, I would love to get a closer look at it and if I like it that much, I'm going to save it in case I want to use the picture for something in the future.

I don't visit people's profiles.
The only profile I visit is my own.

I can't think of any reason why I would visit another forum user's profile unless they sent me a direct message first. This is what would prompt me into replying the person and eventually checking his profile. I tend to keep to my own because it's more peaceful.

I rarely visit other members profiles within a community and that is because I don't always need to.

I have a few times had to visit someone's profile to either find a post or thread they made that I wanted to refer back to or to send them a private message if I needed to.

If someone sends me a message, I would check his or her profile. Sometimes when someone is making really good posts, I would like to know who this person is so I would visit his or her profile. But people do not share much these days on forums so it is difficult to know who the person is just by checking profile

If someone sends me a message, I would check his or her profile. Sometimes when someone is making really good posts, I would like to know who this person is so I would visit his or her profile. But people do not share much these days on forums so it is difficult to know who the person is just by checking profile

Yes, it's the same thing which I do as well. I will not have any reason to start looking through anyone's profile especially on forums when I have better things to do with my time when I'm online. It's on social media site I check out some profile.

I don't do it very often because I'm not interested in knowing anything about anyone. However, for example, if I have a dialogue or a dispute, I would be interested in looking at the profile, maybe the age of the person from which country in order to better understand the interlocutor and possibly know about his problems if he describes it in his profile

I rarely visit other members profiles within a community and that is because I don't always need to.

I have a few times had to visit someone's profile to either find a post or thread they made that I wanted to refer back to or to send them a private message if I needed to.

A community member will have to be an interesting individual before I would be interested in checking that person's profile. This will be because of the kind of content he is posting on the community if there is not an interesting about the person, I will not have any reason whatsoever to check his or her profile.

A community member will have to be an interesting individual before I would be interested in checking that person's profile. This will be because of the kind of content he is posting on the community if there is not an interesting about the person, I will not have any reason whatsoever to check his or her profile.
This makes sense, it is very rare I do unless I need to contact them or I need to find a message or thread they posted such as a help thread or message or maybe a resource they provided if I am looking for something for my sites.

I rarely visit my own or anyone else's lol, if I see a funny GIF that someone has posted ill take a look.

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF by SAG Awards

This makes sense, it is very rare I do unless I need to contact them or I need to find a message or thread they posted such as a help thread or message or maybe a resource they provided if I am looking for something for my sites.

Yes, it's what makes a lot of sense to me. When I have been able to observe that such an individual is making incredible contents, I would have to go to his or her profile to probably click on the person's entire post to see the ones that I have missed before finding out how good the person is in writing contents.

I don't always go to the profiles of members on most forums though. I only view when I come across a picture that catches my eyes, or am just curious as to where they came from.

I don't always go to the profiles of members on most forums though. I only view when I come across a picture that catches my eyes, or am just curious as to where they came from.
And I'm interested to know that too. Not many people leave information about themselves, like me for example, but I also wonder what country they are from and how old they are. Some still leave a description about it, it is almost impossible to find someone

I never bother, why would I? They usually don't tell you anything worth reading.

When I see some very insightful posts, I would love to know the person's location that is making him or her have that plain of perception. I would always love to have more details about the person.

I don't usually visit people's profiles, but when I do it is because the person sparked by interest. So I just visit his profile to find out more about him and to see if we share common ideas and if we can get closer.

Featured Articles

Back