Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What makes a memorable movie villain?

Nomad

Veteran
Reaction score

A great movie villain is a person everybody loves to hate. Villains give a great cinematic experience. If there are no villains, the spiciness of the movies will be gone. A great villain is more than just evil; they're complex and relatable in their motivations. Think Heath Ledger's Joker in "The Dark Knight" – unpredictable, captivating, and deeply unsettling. Likewise you can also recall Joaquin Phoenix in The Joker. These guys make the movies interesting.

So the majority is already used to good characters and they don't often make movies where the main character is a villian. People are ready to watch it because it shows them the world from another side that many people don't know about and that's why it's so interesting

I do not like too good protagonist or too good villains. I like complex characters. Whether it is a villain or a hero, he must look plausible to the audience. I like to see villains that viewers can sympathize or even like the character. Villain should be an intense character.

A truly memorable movie villain is one who transcends the archetypal "bad guy" role. The most captivating antagonists are complex, multidimensional characters with their own compelling motivations and backstories. They challenge the protagonist in thought-provoking ways, blurring the lines between good and evil. Villains who leave a lasting impression often possess a captivating screen presence and an unpredictable, even charismatic quality.

I think what makes a good villain is the ability to hate them and at the same time be impressed by their acting. Hating to the point where the hatred feels real. It shows they are that good in bringing their character to life.

It depends on the role he plays in the films. Nobody is going to like this villain if all he fights with the hero. It all is dependent on the role that the film provides him.

You know the villain did a good job when you absolutely hate him. A prime example is king Joffrey in Game of thrones. Everyone hated him and was happy when he died.

Featured Articles

Back