Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! The June Summer Solstice Showdown contest has begun! Please be sure to check the rules as further changes have been made to keep the contest fair! Good luck! >>>>Read more about this contest here!

What are the benefits of high-intensity interval training

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
High-intensity interval training or HIIT in short is a form of cardiovascular exercise that alternates between short bursts of intense activity and brief rest periods. It's highly effective for burning calories, improving cardiovascular health, and increasing metabolism. HIIT workouts are also typically shorter in duration compared to steady-state cardio, making them convenient for busy schedules.

I have heard about such types of training, but in my opinion, they are somewhat dangerous because we force our body to work many times faster than even during simple training. Therefore, only people who want quick results decide to take such a step.

I don't participate in any kind of high intensity workout session because it is not what my body is meant for. I believe it is a kind of workout routine that mostly professionals are into as it is going to help them adapt to the sports they are partaking in. I engage in normal workout routine session because I don't want to injure myself.

High-intensity interval training (HIIT) offers numerous benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, increased caloric burn, and enhanced athletic performance. HIIT also boosts metabolism, builds strength and endurance, and improves insulin sensitivity. Additionally, it saves time, as workouts are typically shorter than traditional cardio sessions.

Featured Articles

Back