Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming Microsoft's Activision/Blizzard acquisition.

Smokey

Off The Mark
Reaction score

What are your thoughts on Microsoft finally acquiring Activision/Blizz? It seems like the deal is ready to go through in the UK now which was the one hold-out. What are your thoughts? Do you think it'll be good for gaming? Personally, I think it'll be great for the likes of Game Pass and fans of CoD or WoW. If Microsoft does it right, they can include a WoW subscription into a the top tier of Game Pass. Which would be more inticing to gamers who play WoW as well IMHO. I think it could end up being very good for all parties, if it's handled and done properly.

It seems like a good deal, especially for CoD players on Xbox. I also heard somewhere that Microsoft were not going to stop releasing CoDs on PlayStation which is nice to hear - it would have been good for selling the Xbox but bad for business overall.

It's a shame it is taking a while for the deal to fully go through in the UK but the fact it is looking close to a deal finalization is awesome to hear.

I will admit, as much as CoD ending up on only Xbox would have been great for Xbox and Microsoft, it would not have been fair on those who play on PlayStation and would have caused a lot of issues so it is great it will not be made an exclusive.

Excited to see where things go once this deal finally pushes through.

Microsoft was nearly frustrated into back out of this deal but they were determined to see it through. It took a long time but they were able to get it done. I'm very happy for the company. I need them fixed the COD franchise because it have been going down under the management of Activision Blizzard.

In my opinion, it was a very good acquisitions by Microsoft. There are so many game franchise which will bring more gamers to them. It all beats off Sony from the competition.

The Microsoft-Activision deal has certainly been a saga, but it looks like it's finally clearing regulatory hurdles. Personally, I have mixed feelings. On one hand, consolidation is worrying for the industry's future. But Microsoft could reinvigorate iconic franchises like Call of Duty and revive Blizzard's culture. If they can preserve those IPs' quality while leveraging Xbox's resources, it could pay off for gamers. That said, I'm skeptical about further monopolization. For now, I'll remain cautiously optimistic that this megamerger leads to positive innovations rather than stifling competition. Only time will tell.

If the deal does go through well, I think it would be awesome.i can't wait to see the kind of games they would be introducing in the future.

Featured Articles

Back