Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Is racism high in Italian football?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor
Reaction score

The fight against racism has been won in most of the countries in the football world. It is rare to hear about racists reports in leagues such as the English Premier League. However, it is a different ballgame for clubs in Italy as we have different issues emanating from there almost every month. What do you think about that?

Racism between football players is in all teams and all regions and is not limited to Italy itself. It is a problem from a very long time and not a recent problem or something new. We should act cleverly to combat against it.

Racism between football players is in all teams and all regions and is not limited to Italy itself. It is a problem from a very long time and not a recent problem or something new. We should act cleverly to combat against it.

The racism that I am talking about is not between football players as it is almost impossible to see a professional footballer racially abuse another footballer. It is about the fans in the football stand. Again, I clearly stated that it maybe high in the Italian league.

Last edited:
I do know between Italy and Germany which one is more strong in being a racist country. These two countries are the worst. I can't stay in either of these two countries because racism is too much there. Footballers are called monkey in Italy. I wonder why black players go and play there.

I do know between Italy and Germany which one is more strong in being a racist country. These two countries are the worst. I can't stay in either of these two countries because racism is too much there. Footballers are called monkey in Italy. I wonder why black players go and play there.

The blacks that are playing there are doing so to make ends meet. You can't tell me if their local league are better, that they won't stay around to play. The blame is on the football associations in those countries not acting as they should have done and punish the offenders.

The blacks that are playing there are doing so to make ends meet. You can't tell me if their local league are better, that they won't stay around to play. The blame is on the football associations in those countries not acting as they should have done and punish the offenders.
Yes, this is true. No football players wants to be playing in a league, club and country where they are not shown love by their football club fans. But when it's about their survival which includes making money, they don't have any other choice left but to stay there and endure everything.

Lukaku used to play for Inter Milan before moving to As Roma. He's even hated by his former teammates. They kept making ugly emoji comment on his post on IG.

FB_IMG_1707237751685.jpg

Lukaku used to play for Inter Milan before moving to As Roma. He's even hated by his former teammates. They kept making ugly emoji comment on his post on IG.

View attachment 87

This is so sad to watch. If Lukaku isn't a player with strong mentally, he will be depressed over this kind of treatment.

Racism is prevalent every where not just in Italian football even in other sports as well as in other countries. Recently, I heard about an event where only black people were allowed to purchase tickets. Don't you think this is also some kind of racism. I was once banned on a forum for not being black but brown, isn't this also a racism.

It is sad that racism have done so much harm than it have done good for the world. Racism is seen and experienced in different fields. It is witnessed in football, in the school, at work places, at the hospitals, in government offices and police stations.

In my opinion, I have seen much more such moments in Spanish football than in Italian football. Moments with Vinicius from Real have recently passed, and also a little earlier with Dembele and Barcelona fans. In my opinion, it is simply impossible to stop it, and it is impossible to force all fans to treat each player consciously

In my opinion, I have seen much more such moments in Spanish football than in Italian football. Moments with Vinicius from Real have recently passed, and also a little earlier with Dembele and Barcelona fans. In my opinion, it is simply impossible to stop it, and it is impossible to force all fans to treat each player consciously

It makes me sad whenever I see those big clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid being involved in acts of racism towards their own player. It shocks me that it is their own fans that abuses their own players as a result of their individual differences and also their races which shouldn't be what we are teaching kids in football.

The problem with racism as regards Italian football is a spill over from the larger Italian culture. Italians don't like blacks. Even after the heroics of Balotelli in Euros for the Italian national team, they called him a monkey the following season.

Racism is everywhere not just in sports. In some scenarios it's better hidden than in others, but it's still there.

In my opinion, this is true and racism in Italy is really very strong because the country has one of the biggest waves of migration from African countries and therefore in some cities dark-skinned people outnumber the locals and I think they don't like it, that's why you can observe such a level of racism. France also has a similar situation because there are also many of these people and even more from Arab countries

We have seen that it is not true with the way that racism is happening in the Spanish league. People who are talking about the Italian league have not even taken time to have a look at the league for long and now made a conclusion.

I have seen a lot of cases in that league that shows that it is top of the leagues that let fans abuse footballers racially and I don't like it at all.

Racism in Italian football is a persistent issue ¹. There have been multiple instances of players being targeted with racist chants, and the authorities have been criticized for not doing enough to address the problem. In 2019, all 20 Serie A clubs pledged to combat racism, but the issue remains.

As recent as February this year, Mike Maignan of AC Milan was a target of racist chants from Udinese fans. Even Leao,was given racial abuse by fans of Udinese. I don't ever think that racism would ever finish in Italy. It is like a systemic thing.

I don't think it is limited to just Italian football though. It's everywhere. Not just in football but even in other aspects as well.

Featured Articles

Back