Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

How many kids do you want?

Cole

Active Contributor
Reaction score

Most people get married to have kids and start up their own family. Although, some people don't want to have kids for their own reasons. If you get married tomorrow, assuming you want to have kids, how many kids would you like to have with your partner?

no interest in kids

I like them, but not to live with

I don't mind having children, but definitely not more than two, but not now. Maybe it will happen when I will be able to provide not only for myself but also for the whole family, because I don't want the children to suffer from the fact that they can't afford a lot

If you had asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have said none. In fact, I would have even said I do not want to get married and have kids. But then I married and now I have two kids. life surprises you multiple times and your life does not run with set rules and predetermined plan. There are a lot of things in interplay.

Is it really cool when you can't plan some events? To me, it doesn't sound very convenient because, for example, I would not be able to accept the fact that what I had planned for a long time could change in an instant because of a child. I don't have children so I'm just asking if it really brings joy?
If you had asked me this question 10 years ago, I would have said none. In fact, I would have even said I do not want to get married and have kids. But then I married and now I have two kids. life surprises you multiple times and your life does not run with set rules and predetermined plan. There are a lot of things in interplay.

Two kids is enough for me. I love kids and would have wanted more but the economy is not smiling. I wouldn't want to bring kids into this world only to suffer them, so I will opt for what my power can carry, and that is just 2. I feel pity for those with 5 kids and above, how do they survive?

I really find kids to be very adorable. But it is better to have qualitative few kids than have kids full everywhere that you can't take care of. I don't think I would raise more than two biological kids. If I have more resources, I would adopt more according to my capacity.

None, I find kids highly irritating.
Wait what?! You can't be serious. In what way do you find them irritating exactly? Don't you like it when you see kids playing around whenever you visit a family? Or have you had a bad experience with kids to make you feel that way? You are the first person I know that feels like this.

Wait what?! You can't be serious. In what way do you find them irritating exactly? Don't you like it when you see kids playing around whenever you visit a family? Or have you had a bad experience with kids to make you feel that way? You are the first person I know that feels like this.
They are excitable , often misbehave and can cause property damage because they simply don't understand the implications of playing around property and vehicles etc. Teenagers can often be disrespectful. One sometimes feels like slapping them but of course that would lead to an assault charge.

Because of my horrific childhood I was a angry juvenile delinquent. Now karma has come back and bit me in the ass.

They are excitable , often misbehave and can cause property damage because they simply don't understand the implications of playing around property and vehicles etc. Teenagers can often be disrespectful. One sometimes feels like slapping them but of course that would lead to an assault charge.

Because of my horrific childhood I was a angry juvenile delinquent. Now karma has come back and bit me in the ass.
I actually respect your stance on not finding kids fun to be around. But I can't just help but feel you are sadistic with your justifications. Everything you mentioned are actually the things that make kids fun to be with. I don't know your clime though but in my country, you would be forced to have kids by force.

I have 4 kids myself, two of them are now adults and the other two are a few years off being adults now.

I would have liked to have maybe one or two more but with my age and health, it may not be something I will be able to do now.

None, I find kids highly irritating.
The same. However, I sometimes think about it, because I would not like not to have procreation and I also would not like to remain alone in old age. They are very annoying, but for the first 15 years, maybe even more, but then when they start a rough life, they can be useful. However, I am not worried about procreation because I have 2 brothers, I think they will manage

I'm an American living and working in Canada. Here we have freedom of choice, sounds like you do not.
I have freedom to choose not to have a child but I live in a very socially conscious society where you don't just live for yourself but you must factor in the interests of loved ones into your decisions. Family would pressure you so much to have kids. From the day a person gets married, they're already expecting a baby.

But I love kids and just would do anything to have them around. I have a lifetime commitment that at no point would I not have a child in my house. If my biological are all grown up, and have left, I would adopt a baby.

I have three kids already and I do not have intentions to make babies again. honestly, raising kids is very stressful and it's not an easy task at all.

None. Marriage and kids have never appealed to me. I decided at the age of 8 I wasn't having children. Childbirth terrifies me, I am asexual and I don't like children anyway.

I would want to have 5 kids, that is 3 boys and 2 girls. The ones that will look after me and my husband in our old age.

I would want to have 5 kids, that is 3 boys and 2 girls. The ones that will look after me and my husband in our old age.
Sorry but I believe 5 Kids will be too much and maximum I will go is for 3 and ideally I want 2 kids, 1 boy and girl.

If I should be honest, when it comes to this matter, I am not really that sure though. Maybe when I finally get someone I am dating, we can both discuss this. Though I think four might be an okay number. Anyways till then.

Featured Articles

Back