Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever met a local who changed your perspective?

Yusra

Veteran
Reaction score

While traveling in egypt, I met a local guide named Sok, who shared his personal story of resilience and hope amidst the country's turbulent history. His kindness, compassion, and determination to rebuild his community inspired me to reevaluate my own priorities and appreciate the beauty in the everyday moments. Sok's wisdom and generosity of spirit continue to resonate with me, reminding me to approach life with empathy, gratitude, and an open heart.

Have you ever met a local who changed your perspective?

There's one particular tribe in my country who people usually speak bad of. No one has anything good to say about the tribe. But I spoke to one local of the tribe one day and he told me that it is sad the way people generalize their tribe. It is not all of them that are that bad, there are actually some good ones among them, but the people's stereotypical mentality as blinded them from seeing it. I was so touched! From then on, my perspective about those people changed.

I have met people in my native country who have defied all odds and become great. I know of twins that lost the their parents at birth, suffered through life and today, they are one of the region's most sought after gospel artists with an impressive net worth.

I have met people in my native country who have defied all odds and become great. I know of twins that lost the their parents at birth, suffered through life and today, they are one of the region's most sought after gospel artists with an impressive net worth.
That sounds like a great thing. It teaches us a lesson that we should not be quick to write people of. Even those who seem not to get their life together now can make it big in the near future.

When it comes to anything, I have always had the habit of having an open mind to anything. I don't focus on just one information.

Featured Articles

Back