Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Have you ever fallen asleep in the dentist's chair?

deucher

Chipi Chipi Chapa Chapa
Reaction score

I personally did not have this, but I heard from my friends when they were close to falling asleep during the treatment of their teeth. I can't imagine how you can feel sleepy while the instruments are making noise in your mouth. Have you ever had a moment like this?

OMG i wish I could just fall asleep in the chair, but I am always so nervous I think unless they drugged me up there would be no way I would fall asleep.

OMG i wish I could just fall asleep in the chair, but I am always so nervous I think unless they drugged me up there would be no way I would fall asleep.
I definitely wouldn't want that because when you sleep you can't control your tongue and the saliva that needs to be swallowed, and it seems to me that if you sleep like that, you can start suffocating if you have a lot of saliva in your throat, which will wake you up right away

I do not feel sleepy in dentist chair. The noise from the tools always keeps me awake. I also need to frequently spit out and swish my mouth, so it is not easy to fall asleep in the dentist chair. I am always awake on dentist chair. However, it is easy to fall sleep when I go for a massage therapy, it feels so relaxed.

No I have never fallen asleep in the dentist chair before.

I can't say I've ever actually fallen into a full sleep at the dentist, but I have definitely experienced some zoning out and doziness during long procedures.

I'm way too wired up when I'm at the dentists office to ever fall asleep.

I feel like I am falling asleep with all that nitrous oxide (laughing gas), ha ha. It's as close to psychedelic as I've ever been. Who has tried it?

I have not experienced that personally, I mean falling asleep in a dentist's chair. I've never really had any teeth problem while growing up so there's no reason for me to visit a dentist up to this point.

I felt very sleepy when the painkiller was injected and maybe it was too much but then I didn't fall asleep because I struggled with sleep because I was afraid that I might swallow a tooth that would be pulled out if I fell asleep

The nitrous oxide (laughing gas) seems to put me to sleep but doesn't. Maybe it makes so people do that. I don't know.

No, I have never experienced this, and I have never heard someone sleep while getting treated by a dentist. Maybe a child can do so, but I don't think an adult will do it because of the enormous pain one has when having a tooth issue.

I felt very sleepy when the painkiller was injected and maybe it was too much but then I didn't fall asleep because I struggled with sleep because I was afraid that I might swallow a tooth that would be pulled out if I fell asleep
That's funny. I guess a swallowed tooth will not digest, hence your fear! Though I haven't been to the dentist before, but I have not heard of anyone mistakenly swallowing their tooth at the dentist's.

No this has never happened to me and whenever I am outside my office or home I don't sleep

No this has never happened to me and whenever I am outside my office or home I don't sleep
So you mean that you don't usually sleep whenever you are at a place that you feel is not comfortable for you?

Featured Articles

Back