Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you play tennis?

Nomad

Veteran
Reaction score

I sometimes watch tennis on TV, however, never in my life have I played tennis. I once held the racket and bounced a ball and that's all experience I have with tennis. Recently, I wanted to enroll my kid in a tennis class but I was surprised to learn how expensive the racket was and how expensive tennis classes were. Have you played tennis, do you still play tennis? Were you properly trained to play tennis or just picked up as a hobby?

I don't know how to play it. I usually watch some of my previous colleagues play tennis and to be honest I find it a bit confusing. Though I have not actually put my mind into complete learning it.

Every time I watched tennis players on TV, I would always want to give it a try. I've never owned a tennis racket. I've heard the fee is high. One of my neighbors took classes for the same at a club that he used to go frequently. It was costly at the time. These days, I'm not aware of the fees.

I played it once and I did pretty good, but I was sore and stiff for two days after.

I don't really know how to play it, even though I watch the sport quite well. However, I can play table tennis very well, because I feel that it is less stressful compared to lawn tennis.

I don't really know how to play it, even though I watch the sport quite well. However, I can play table tennis very well, because I feel that it is less stressful compared to lawn tennis.

Table tennis is a totally different game. I used to play well, but lawn tennis is different; you need to have space for it. Tennis courts are rarely found here, mostly in the clubs or schools. That's the reason I could never play it.

Table tennis is a totally different game. I used to play well, but lawn tennis is different; you need to have space for it. Tennis courts are rarely found here, mostly in the clubs or schools. That's the reason I could never play it.
The kind of energy lawn tennis requires is why I don't want to venture into it. I have a lot of stressful sports I'm into already, can't afford to add lawn tennis to it.

What sport do you play?

Yes, lawn tennis requires lots of energy and stamina. I wonder how the professional players play it for 5 hours continuously. But I would like to play it if I can find a court nearby to keep myself fit. It is said to be good exercise.

Featured Articles

Back