Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you get privileges in services where your friends work?

Ronin

Active Contributor
Reaction score

I have enough friends who work in services where I need to get services. But I can't remember when they gave me any discounts or additional services. But this is due to the fact that they are not the main ones there and therefore cannot do something for free because they will have to pay at their own expense

The only advantage I get is that I get latest offers before others do, or offers that are not made known to the public, I usually get access to them.

No I don't, and I don't ask for such privileges. There's no family in business or in friendship. So I don't try to use friendship to get free things or cheaper things from my friends work place.

What is friendship for when I can get to enjoy my friends. I intentionally would want my services to be done by my friends because they would get an advantage if they demand for my services. I don't charge friends for services provided I am contracted on time.

What is friendship for when I can get to enjoy my friends. I intentionally would want my services to be done by my friends because they would get an advantage if they demand for my services. I don't charge friends for services provided I am contracted on time.
That's nice though, but for me I do charge my friends, since it's my business. The highest I can do is give them a reduced price compared to what I would give an outsider.

That's nice though, but for me I do charge my friends, since it's my business. The highest I can do is give them a reduced price compared to what I would give an outsider.
That's the best thing to do. If you keep doing free services for them, your business might take a big hit. And the sad thing is that those friends might not be there to help you back up.

That's the best thing to do. If you keep doing free services for them, your business might take a big hit. And the sad thing is that those friends might not be there to help you back up.
Exactly, and the worse part is when they begin to see it as their rights and starts to under value it.

Exactly, and the worse part is when they begin to see it as their rights and starts to under value it.
And one day you are not able to offer free service to them, and suddenly you become a bad person. They forget all the times you have been doing it for them for free. Lol.

And one day you are not able to offer free service to them, and suddenly you become a bad person. They forget all the times you have been doing it for them for free. Lol.
You completely understand this thing. There is one policy I always follow, which is do not start what you know you can't finish. In the future I might not be able to to continue, so I won't even try to start it now.

I don't ask for privileges, even if someone is a close friend or relative. It's up to them if they give it or not. Everything is not to be told; something is better understood, and if they don't understand, I don't make them understand it.

Featured Articles

Back