Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Cricket

Excommunicado

Signing off
Reaction score

Does anyone here play, watch or just follow cricket? If so, what team do you support? Who is your favourite player?

Growing up, I loved cricket (well, Pakistan cricket) mainly because my older brother was always watching it. Lately I’ve lost interest in it but I still follow cricket and watch World Cups - I will be watching the World Cup next month.

I have played cricket in the past, mainly at school for things such as PE when that was the sport we were playing for that lesson. I can't say I have ever played cricket away from it being part of the PE lesson I had.

Cricket is not a sport that ever fully interested me to watch either so I don't tend to watch it.

I've never played cricket before but I watch it on TV from time to time.

India had a 7 wickets haul in semi-final against NZ. They are having a great spell

I've never played cricket before but I watch it on TV from time to time.

India had a 7 wickets haul in semi-final against NZ. They are having a great spell
Unfortunately, they ended up losing the final to Australia. Every cricket fan thought it was their time and year to win the Cricket World Cup 2023 but they failed.

How is it different than baseball? Anyway, it's not an American game so most Americans know little about it, but I suppose there are video games where they can get a feel of it, as with Rugby, Australian Rules Football etc..

Unfortunately, they ended up losing the final to Australia. Every cricket fan thought it was their time and year to win the Cricket World Cup 2023 but they failed.

I really wanted India to win so badly against Australia but they were very unlucky. Every Indian all of the world was devastated after the final.

India is a country that is full of cricket fans. I'm not a huge fan though. I just watch it during the World Cup and IPL Tournaments. I don't have a favorite national-level team but among the domestic ones that are included in IPL, my favorite is KKR. It's owned by the King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan!

How is it different than baseball? Anyway, it's not an American game so most Americans know little about it, but I suppose there are video games where they can get a feel of it, as with Rugby, Australian Rules Football etc..
They have a similar concept to baseball but it is not the same concept. The concept of baseball is played in a place near the stage of a soccer match, with an oval place to play of 22 players to resume everything.

By my definition of what I consider to be a sports, cricket qualifies because a good amount of energy is required to play the sports. Also, there's cricket world cup which shows how big the sports is to the globe. I don't play cricket because I haven't seen where I can play it but I need to understand it more.

I don't play cricket but I watch cricket and follow cricket. I watch and enjoy all formats of the game (ODI, Test, and T-20 as well). When I was in teens I did try to bat and ball but I did not have a natural talent for the game, so I discontinued playing. I hope our country will one day play cricket world cup.

India is a country that is full of cricket fans. I'm not a huge fan though. I just watch it during the World Cup and IPL Tournaments. I don't have a favorite national-level team but among the domestic ones that are included in IPL, my favorite is KKR. It's owned by the King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan!
Yes, this is true. Of all the countries that I know to be into cricket, India is one of top countries that is doing so well in the sports. I can't remember again the country which won the last Cricket world Cup. I think it was Australia, yes it's Australia. It was India they ended up beating to win the World Cup.

I'm an avid cricket fan and follower of the sport. While I don't play myself, I avidly watch both international and domestic matches. My favorite team is India - I've been supporting them ever since I was a kid. As for my favorite player, it has to be Virat Kohli. His batting technique, temperament and leadership skills are second to none in the modern era.

I am a great fan of cricket. I always watch cricket matches whenever I get time. It's a popular sport in India. There is no person who has not played cricket in their childhood. My favorite team is Australia, which has won the most world cups.

I have only seen cricket games on TV but I have never watched it live before. There was a time I played it on the Nintendo though.

I've never watched a match which is "live" either. I've never been interested in going to the stadium to watch a sport. My children are so eager. We might see at least one IPL match that will be hosted in Delhi next year.

I guess all Asians do like cricket and if you talk about South East Asia then everyone loves their cricket and I am no different

In Asia specially Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Srilanka cricket is a very popular sport.

In Asia specially Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Srilanka cricket is a very popular sport.
Yes, I noticed that that is the sport that most Indians and the neighboring countries usually watch and talk about the most. Cricket seems to be their football over there 😃

Yes, @Teegold. We don't watch any other sports. Even we don't watch the FIFA World Cup. Hockey is our national game, but it is not as popular as cricket. Cricket players are treated as celebrities here. But the irony is that we lost the last World Cup in the finals to Australia.

My favourite player name is sachin.

I am very excited for this 2024 T20i world cup. i love team Nepal

Sachin Tendulkar is retired now. Has Nepal qualified for T20 World Cup? My favourite player in Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli . It will be their last world cup I guess as they are getting old now.

Featured Articles

Back