Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Are you a dark-mode fan or a light-mode fan?

Shortie

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

If you are someone who frequently you will more than likely have a preference as to whether you prefer to use a website, forum or blog using dark-mode or light-mode.

I myself much prefer to have the option of dark-mode as I find it to be easier on the eyes.

Are you someone who is a dark-mode fan or a light-mode fan?

Generally speaking, I use dark mode (on my phone, desktop, etc) but I use both, depending on what site I’m using. I use light mode on webmaster forums whereas on gaming and general discussion forums, dark mode just feels right.

I generally prefer light themes for forums, although if a forum has an attractive dark theme as the default (like this place does), I generally won't switch away from it.

I always go dark mode as light mode can be way too bright for my eyes, especially late at night with a bright computer screen. It can become blinding. I almost always turn on dark mode.

I like dark themes better than light themes, and I even have dark mode activated on Facebook and X.

I prefer light themes they are more inviting imo

I like dark themes better but since my site is based on music lessons, people have demanded that it be light. Anyhow, though, I use a light color scheme that's good on the eyes.

Note: I'd like to make a dark forum and get an auxillary dark theme for the site I have.

I prefer using dark theme more than the light theme. I've very sensitive to bright lights. Light themes are too bright for my eyes.

I prefer the dark mode a lot better as the light mode is just too bright, especially when you have just woken up in the morning and gone to check your apps, lol. I used to use the light mode quite a lot as I couldn't figure out how to turn the dark mode on, but now I have figured it out I always use it.

I can use either light theme and the dark one without any problems. I can reduce the brightness of my screen to make the light theme calm for my eyes.

Dark-mode all the way. It's sleek, it's stylish, and it saves my eyes from the blinding light. Light-mode feels like staring into the sun, while dark-mode brings a sense of calm and sophistication. Once you go dark, you never go back. :p

Dark-mode all the way. It's sleek, it's stylish, and it saves my eyes from the blinding light. Light-mode feels like staring into the sun, while dark-mode brings a sense of calm and sophistication. Once you go dark, you never go back. :p
You will concentrate on the white effect and no longer focus on the content of the website. That is why for this reason I also prefer dark mode rather than light mode because it disturbs your vision and has a bad visual effect.

This is basically dependent on a couple of factors. There are some websites that I visit and the white/light theme is better than the dark theme and vice versa. So, I will observe the options I have before me and always go with the one that is far more better for my eyes because I wouldn't want to have it in a mess.

This is basically dependent on a couple of factors. There are some websites that I visit and the white/light theme is better than the dark theme and vice versa. So, I will observe the options I have before me and always go with the one that is far more better for my eyes because I wouldn't want to have it in a mess.
It depends on the color of the text of the website or screenshots or movies used. Some colors work better in dark mode while others work better in light mode. Moreover, some people always prefer dark mode while others light mode.

Dark theme is my way to go. It's soft on the eyes. I can't be using a theme which is too bright on my eyes. It's why I like this forum DH. It have both light and dark theme.

Dark theme is my way to go. It's soft on the eyes. I can't be using a theme which is too bright on my eyes. It's why I like this forum DH. It have both light and dark theme.
But from your discussion, I could reveal you are like me or the people who prefer dark mode and never switch between light and dark mode as from your theme preferences. Some people switch between them but I find this unnecessary.

It depends on the color of the text of the website or screenshots or movies used. Some colors work better in dark mode while others work better in light mode. Moreover, some people always prefer dark mode while others light mode.

I quite agree with you that it is dependent on a lot of factors, of which the character colour on the website is a big factor. There are sites that have dark themes as defaults, and it always works pretty well for me.

I am not a fan of dark mode. I like using using websites on light mode. Lite mode makes it easier to read content and also interact with the content. All of my websites are in light mode. I find it easier to read the content or interact with the content (comment) in the light mode. My eyes are suited for light mode.

Last edited:
I use dark mode in almost all applications, but I don't always like it. Most often, I use it to save battery power and so that, for example, at night, the bright screen does not shine brightly into the eyes

Featured Articles

Back