Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Debate Presbyterian Predestination

Jayson

Active Contributor
Reaction score

This is a terrible religious doctrine. If it's true than I lose respect for the Christian God. Well, it's saying that God chooses who he saves and who he leaves in a degenerate state with no real choice of the individual.

I have left all the doctrines of the various sects and have built my own relationship with my God. I have come to realize that doctrines are just meant to have control over people and not genuine dictates of God.

The title says "Presbyterian Predestination." I have never heard of this term and I do not know what it exactly means. I am not a Christian and my knowledge on Christianity is limited. I belong to Hindu culture and in our culture, your life is primarily decided by your Karma, God has nothing to do with your life.

I think you should make more research on this before making this statement.

I think you should make more research on this before making this statement.
No, what I wrote sums up the doctrine and it's very unjust. It's so unjust it makes God made out even worse than what some atheists make him out to be.

Keep in mind that some doctrines are purely made up by Men, this might be one of them. God is a God of justice, he wouldn't choose who to save and who to wreck just on the basis of personal preference.

Keep in mind that some doctrines are purely made up by Men, this might be one of them. God is a God of justice, he wouldn't choose who to save and who to wreck just on the basis of personal preference.
I agree. This is the point I was driving at. It boggles my mind how some can't see this.

Featured Articles

Back