Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

News Migration and Refugees

Sweerie_b

Active Contributor
Reaction score

Migration, whether due to conflict, persecution, or environmental factors, has become a significant global phenomenon. Displacement of populations presents complex humanitarian challenges, including access to shelter, healthcare, and integration into host communities. Addressing the root causes of migration, protecting refugee rights, and fostering international cooperation are critical for managing migration flows and promoting human dignity.

Are there migrants and refugees where you reside? Do you know their story?

We have migrants from Cameroon here in my country. They fled their country because of war to take refuge here. When you approach them, you would see that they still have trauma from their experiences from the war plaguing them.

I do not know much about refugees. But migrations are solely for making money in most cases. They kind of insult where they came from once they get into their dreamland. If someone from a small country gets into Europe, they kind of despise their motherland and act as if they are born to gods.

Problem is that illegal migrants are often not vaccinated and can bring in diseases. This can overburden the healthcare system. I am all for enforcing borders.

People migrate from one place to
Another because of a lot of reasons, some due to the search for greener pastures, others because of civil unrest or conflict in their country of residence. Some become refugees in another country just to be safe and alive because of war or unrest.

Migration is not something that can be stopped. We will always have those who moves from their country to another for genuine reasons. We also have those who visit a country but overstay their welcome and they become illegal immigrants.

I have come across so many of them, especially on the streets begging for food and so on. I don't know their stories though. But for some I heard things are extremely tough in their own country, that they would rather be beggars here than remain there.

Featured Articles

Back