Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Debate Hunting

I don't think there is anything wrong with hunting to survive. We where created to have dominion over these things, and to survive we need them. In a situation where you hunt for sports or just for fun, I feel in that case it down really make sense.

I am against hunting, why should you kill animals just for the sake of fun. Hunting is cruelty. Sadly, hunting is one of the popular sport around the world. Even in our country, we have a hunting reserve where you can hunt animals by paying for the permits. Killing animals for fun is not ok.
Do you eat meat, yourself? Killing animals for fun is not as bad as it seems. Sometimes there are too many of them. Anyway, what kind of animals do people pity? Do people pity insects? Think about it.

I am against hunting animals for fun. Who has given us the right to kill them? It's nice that the government has banned it for a few endangered species; otherwise, many of the species would go extinct from the earth.

I am against hunting animals for fun. Who has given us the right to kill them? It's nice that the government has banned it for a few endangered species; otherwise, many of the species would go extinct from the earth.
I don't think it's always #ssholes shooting animals for fun. They have fun, but they don't disrespect the animals. Well, I mean, if there are too many rabbits, something has got to control them and other animals will do it, if it's possible.

I don't think it's always #ssholes shooting animals for fun. They have fun, but they don't disrespect the animals. Well, I mean, if there are too many rabbits, something has got to control them and other animals will do it, if it's possible.

I agree, but when someone hunts an animal that is actually on the list of endangered species, then it's a crime. And when an animal is not harming you for anything, then there is no reason to kill it. Some animals, rodents, etc. are harmful, and if their population is increasing, some measure better than killing them should be taken.

I agree, but when someone hunts an animal that is actually on the list of endangered species, then it's a crime. And when an animal is not harming you for anything, then there is no reason to kill it. Some animals, rodents, etc. are harmful, and if their population is increasing, some measure better than killing them should be taken.
Yeah, bad apples exist in all things. Anyway, the profit motive is always a problem. I mean, for instance, elephants will keep being hunted because East Asians want the ivory, right?

Yeah, bad apples exist in all things. Anyway, the profit motive is always a problem. I mean, for instance, elephants will keep being hunted because East Asians want the ivory, right?

That's true. Snakes and crocodiles are killed for their skin. That's sad because human lust kills these animals. There are many other animals that are killed for this reason. I wonder why we can't develop something that can replace the things we get from these animals by killing them.

That's true. Snakes and crocodiles are killed for their skin. That's sad because human lust kills these animals. There are many other animals that are killed for this reason. I wonder why we can't develop something that can replace the things we get from these animals by killing them.
What I don't understand, though, is people are opposed to hunting, but they want to eat meat. The grocery store is the product of disgusting ways of slaughtering animals, usually.

I knew this question would arise. I don't eat non-vegetarian food due to this reason. Why should I eat animals by killing them?. They are not meant for it. But I alone cannot stop this. People who do that have no such thinking.

I knew this question would arise. I don't eat non-vegetarian food due to this reason. Why should I eat animals by killing them?. They are not meant for it. But I alone cannot stop this. People who do that have no such thinking.
The animals are not meant to be eaten? So what are they meant for if I may ask? I respect your decision to be a vegetarian, but at the same time you can't say that eating meat is bad.

Do you eat meat, yourself? Killing animals for fun is not as bad as it seems. Sometimes there are too many of them. Anyway, what kind of animals do people pity? Do people pity insects? Think about it.
I eat meat, does this mean I should also enjoy killing animals for fun. If you enjoy meat, can you also watch animals dying in front of you? Don't you think we should make dying less painful for animals if you are eating them. As for insects and other species, it can be confusing, for instance should I pity mosquitoes or just kill them. :D

What I don't understand, though, is people are opposed to hunting, but they want to eat meat. The grocery store is the product of disgusting ways of slaughtering animals, usually.
Lol for some persons they see hunting to eat and survive as a completely different thing from just hunting for spots and no real reason behind it.

Lol for some persons they see hunting to eat and survive as a completely different thing from just hunting for spots and no real reason behind it.
Personally, I consider hunting for fun to be bad, especially when the meat is not eaten. So what was the essence? It will just be a waste of good meat. If one must hunt, it should be for food or business.

Featured Articles

Back