Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Can animated movies appeal to all age groups?

Nomad

Veteran

Reaction score
I am an adult and I enjoy watching animated movies. I know a lot of people form real life who enjoy animated movies and most of these people are not even parents. Some of my all time favorite movies are actually animated movies. Animated movies often blend humor and heartwarming themes, transcending age barriers. Whether it's Disney classics or Pixar masterpieces, they resonate with audiences young and old, tapping into universal emotions.

In my opinion, animated films were never invented only for a separate category of people, because everyone finds something special in it. I'm not a fan of this direction, but such animated films are usually very educational and you can learn important life lessons

Yes, I believe it can appeal to everyone regardless of the age. Most people think that animations are generally for kids, but some are packed with lessons that even adults can learn from. I'm grown but I still watch some good animations.

I think animated fantasy movies can appeal to all age groups as long as the artwork in them is drawn in a mature way.

Animated movies have the incredible ability to captivate audiences of all ages. The boundless creativity and imaginative worlds that animation can bring to the screen transcend traditional age barriers. Whether it's a heartwarming Pixar tale or a whimsical anime adventure, the best animated films possess a universal appeal that allows them to resonate with children and adults alike.

Yes I strongly believe so, I have come across so many animation movies that actually relates to me more than an actual live action movie. Most of them come with very deep plots. It's not just about the visuals, it's the plot and the theme that matters.

Some of my favorite movies are animated. Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Fantasia, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Wall-E, UP - all classics!

:)

I think that these are films that are definitely created for different age categories. Therefore, children do not yet understand so much, so they just look at a funny picture and an interesting story, but for adults it is completely different and they understand different situations in the film in different ways. Also, for them, this film may not seem as cheerful as for children

I think that these are films that are definitely created for different age categories. Therefore, children do not yet understand so much, so they just look at a funny picture and an interesting story, but for adults it is completely different and they understand different situations in the film in different ways. Also, for them, this film may not seem as cheerful as for children
I believe that every movie that was made including the animation have blessings that are supposed to be learned, and there's no rule that says that adults cannot learn from the animations too.

I am not a fan of animated movies. Even if I have to see an animated movie, it is almost always opportunistic rather than intentional. In my country, people that were born a little before the late 90s don't like animated movies.

I am not a fan of animated movies. Even if I have to see an animated movie, it is almost always opportunistic rather than intentional. In my country, people that were born a little before the late 90s don't like animated movies.
I guess everyone has their preferences. But I do think that some animated movies are rated top notch. Maybe if you try watching one of them you will end up being hooked.

I guess everyone has their preferences. But I do think that some animated movies are rated top notch. Maybe if you try watching one of them you will end up being hooked.
That's true, let's take lion king for example, there are a lot of adults who have watched it. It's an animation but both for adults and kids. Avatar the last airbender is also another example.

That's true, let's take lion king for example, there are a lot of adults who have watched it. It's an animation but both for adults and kids. Avatar the last airbender is also another example.
If I'm being honest, avatar the last Airbender is one of my favorite animations of all time. I enjoyed it so much, in fact it was the one that made me develop interest in animations.

If I'm being honest, avatar the last Airbender is one of my favorite animations of all time. I enjoyed it so much, in fact it was the one that made me develop interest in animations.
Yea the show was really awesome. The legend of Korra, I really didn't enjoy it much though, I only watched a few seasons. I guessed it was because she ended up with a girl, so I didn't care to complete it.

Featured Articles

Back