Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Gaming Scratch

Bizdustry

Off The Mark
Reaction score

Who remembers Scratch? It is quite a old software now, but it's open source and allows you to make basic 2D and 3D games using video programming commands. It's quite a good way to get into video game development - if you have no experience.

This is my first time of hearing about this open source game programming software. I've never had any interest in developing video games, otherwise I would have checked it out since it's still active. Did you try developing any games with it?

This is my first time of hearing about this open source game programming software. I've never had any interest in developing video games, otherwise I would have checked it out since it's still active. Did you try developing any games with it?
Not on a professional level, but I developed a 2D racing game. It’s not code as such but rather commands like (if) = x etc. but good fun.

Who remembers Scratch? It is quite a old software now, but it's open source and allows you to make basic 2D and 3D games using video programming commands. It's quite a good way to get into video game development - if you have no experience.
Nowadays people tend to use Java-based language that is called processing so the use of processing is more than scratch because it is more popular. Both of them are good in concept to use and both them are based on math concern.

Never heard of something called Scratch. When I was growing up, I had no interested in computer and technology, therefore, getting into game development was out of question for me., and now I am too old to learn game development. Even if I try, I might not have enough time for learning the skill as I have a lot of commitments.

Never heard of something called Scratch. When I was growing up, I had no interested in computer and technology, therefore, getting into game development was out of question for me., and now I am too old to learn game development. Even if I try, I might not have enough time for learning the skill as I have a lot of commitments.
If you need to learn a new language it is not required to do it daily, some people prefer to learn programming on weekends as they have spare time then. Except if someone is working during weekends, then the process will be harder.

If you need to learn a new language it is not required to do it daily, some people prefer to learn programming on weekends as they have spare time then. Except if someone is working during weekends, then the process will be harder.
If you try to learn only through weekend class, it will take a long time to learn. You might take many weeks just to learn HTML. If you cannot devote your time in learning, you should not start learning. To lean you need to be very much dedicated. By the way, there are also game development platform where you can create games without coding.

Scratch, the beloved coding playground that sparked so many young minds! Although it may seem archaic now, this deceptively simple tool opened the gateway to programming for an entire generation. With its building block commands and whimsical interface, Scratch made coding feel like a game in itself.

Never heard of it, but don't you need some certain skills to be able to fully use it?

Featured Articles

Back