Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

May Madness: Forum Fiesta

May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has Ended

Hardest part about running a forum?

I think I will have to agree with you here, it's one thing to start a forum, infact anyone can choose to start one. But it's a completely different story when you talk about being consistent.
This is very true. The amount of people I have found who create a forum and expect people to show up because they have created it is quite high. Most forget you have to put a lot of work into the forum for it to be a success and even then, consistency is the important part of that.

I think its not easy to pay everyone and then you may need to pay license fee and also fee to mods so its hard

As I said, you need to get enough revenue to pay the members. You need to decide on the payment rates for posting on the basis of revenues. All in all, you need to check if you are not at a loss. The number of users also matters, and for that, you need to arrange contests on the forum frequently to keep the users interested.

The most hardest is the payment because if you are unable to generate the required revenue then it would be hard for you to pay

This is very true. The amount of people I have found who create a forum and expect people to show up because they have created it is quite high. Most forget you have to put a lot of work into the forum for it to be a success and even then, consistency is the important part of that.
Truly, consistency is the most important part in running a forum. Most people have the delusion that once they create one, they will have members streaming in and there will be a lot of activities, but in the end they become disappointed when such a thing does not happen at the beginning.

Truly, consistency is the most important part in running a forum. Most people have the delusion that once they create one, they will have members streaming in and there will be a lot of activities, but in the end they become disappointed when such a thing does not happen at the beginning.
This is very true and it happens more often than we think. Most believe if they buy a domain name, hosting and set up a forum or even set up a free forum, people should come because they did and they are often shocked when that does not happen.

It's not easy to handle a forum and many times you need to pay money from your pocket as its unable to earn the required or expected revenue

This is very true and it happens more often than we think. Most believe if they buy a domain name, hosting and set up a forum or even set up a free forum, people should come because they did and they are often shocked when that does not happen.
It can seriously be disappointing when such a thing happens. May I ask if the owner of forumflock also faced the same issue? Is that why the forum is no longer assessible?

It can seriously be disappointing when such a thing happens. May I ask if the owner of forumflock also faced the same issue? Is that why the forum is no longer assessible?
Unfortunately, I do not know the reason the owner let Forum Flock close as it did. I do believe the page that shows is because the hosting was not paid for as that is usually what happens.

I do know the owner stepped down as staff from some places and was going through some things which could have been the reason for the site going down the way it did.

In some cases, life can get too much and running a forum comes last on the list.

One of the reasons apart from the revenues , is the spammers. Spammers are threat to the site.

Featured Articles

Back