Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Foden vs Kevin?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor
Reaction score

Phil Foden has been a strong force pushing Manchester City this season. This means he's been fantastic this season. When asked to pick him or Kevin De Bruyne, in your team, who will you go for?

As a coach, I would try to find a formation that would accommodate the two playmakers. But if I am to make a choice between benching one and playing one, I would definitely go ahead to play KDB and bring Foden in around the 60 minutes mark.

This should not even be a question. I'm not sure they play the same position though. But a tactical coach that knows what is doing will pick Kevin de bruyne anytime any day.

This should not even be a question. I'm not sure they play the same position though. But a tactical coach that knows what is doing will pick Kevin de bruyne anytime any day.
The beauty of it all is that Foden can play in any attacking position. He has been substitute for KDB in the CAM position when KDB is injured. And he has done pretty well. I think Pep is grooming him to take that position after KDB. But for now, KDB is better than him in that position and it's core role.

The beauty of it all is that Foden can play in any attacking position. He has been substitute for KDB in the CAM position when KDB is injured. And he has done pretty well. I think Pep is grooming him to take that position after KDB. But for now, KDB is better than him in that position and it's core role.
Yeah I admit that foden is a very versatile player. And he tends to show up in the big games, I believe that he has earned Guardiola's trust fully. Even when KDB is not around, the mantle of the midfield can be passed to him.

You are absolutely correct. Kevin De Bruyne has proven to be the best playermaker we have in the Manchester City team, and it is going to take Foden some years to be able to come close to achieving that.

Featured Articles

Back