Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Do you see Howe lasting at Newcastle United?

Henrywrites

Active Contributor
Reaction score

Newcastle United has performed incredibly well since the takeover by the oil money from Dubai. They began the project by appointing Howe as the manager of the team, and in his first full season as the manager, he qualified the team for the UEFA champions league. However, their entry into European football has been a curse for them as they have had a very poor season, no thanks to injuries as well. Do you think the board will let the manager keep handling the club until next season?

As a Newcastle fan, I've been really impressed with the job Eddie Howe has done so far at St. James' Park. He's steadied the ship, implemented an exciting brand of attacking football, and has the team punching above their weight. However, with the club's new Saudi owners and influx of money, speculation will always swirl about bigger name managers being targets.

I do think that Eddie Howe has done a good job at Newcastle so far. It was a shame that they crashed out of the champions league by a very small margin. To think that the team gave clubs like PSG and Dortmund a run for their money is something to praise the coach for.

Newcastle United have done perfectly well. Their poor champions league run was not unexpected. And it served to be a distraction to them in the league. What they need to do from next season is to build squad depth.

Newcastle United have done perfectly well. Their poor champions league run was not unexpected. And it served to be a distraction to them in the league. What they need to do from next season is to build squad depth.
If I'm being honest, I will not call Newcastle's adventure in the Champions League a failure. Just look at the teams that they were against in the group stage: PSG, Dortmund and AC Milan. It was unfair for a club that is back in the champions League after a very long time. They actually tried, I mean they gave PSG a run for their money in the course of two legs!

If I'm being honest, I will not call Newcastle's adventure in the Champions League a failure. Just look at the teams that they were against in the group stage: PSG, Dortmund and AC Milan. It was unfair for a club that is back in the champions League after a very long time. They actually tried, I mean they gave PSG a run for their money in the course of two legs!

They did well as far as I am concerned. They also had injury crisis during those periods when they were competing against those clubs. So, it was not easy for them to keep up the momentum.

They did well as far as I am concerned. They also had injury crisis during those periods when they were competing against those clubs. So, it was not easy for them to keep up the momentum.
Exactly, they will not be able to qualify for the champions League next season, but they have a shot at the Europa League or at the very least the conference league. I Believe in those competitions they have a higher chance of doing better.

Featured Articles

Back