Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion community aiming to provide a fun and laidback environment with a touch of old school. We have a diverse memberbase with people from all over the world and tons of content for you to get involved in and share your perspective. We’d love for you to become a part of our awesome community.

• Hey, Guest! May Madness: Forum Fiesta Contest has begun! Please remember posts should create discussion or add to the discussion, any spam-like posts and threads will not be counted! Good luck >>>>Read more about this contest here!

Did anybody watch Wrestlemania?

Mad Hatter

Veteran
Reaction score

I watched the whole weekend starting with NXT Stand and Deliver. The Roxanne Perez vs. Lyra Valkyria match had me on the edge of my seat. But for me the highlight of the weekend was on day 2 with the Seth Rawlins vs. Drew MacIntyre match.
Drew ends up winning then after he gets the title he then goes to mock C.M.Punk and Punk does a sweep, knocks MacIntyre on his ass then Punk takes his arm brace off and smashes MacIntyre in the face with it. As MacIntyre is almost out cold Damian Priest runs up and cashes in his 'Money in the Bank' contract and pins MacIntyrre in the ring and steals his new title. MacIntyre was only the heavyweight champ for 5 minutes and 46 seconds....hahahha.:D

I watched all of WrestleMania and I have to admit, that was the best WrestleMania I feel I have ever seen. Everything was perfect including how so many stories from years ago all came to a close with one match and that was the Cody Rhodes vs Roman Reigns match.

I have been watching wrestling all my life and I have never felt as emotional as I did when Cody won, that match was perfect and a story well told.

I didn't, I was not even Aware they had done it, until I started seeing some video clips about Randy orton and ishowspeed or what's his name.

I watched it while growing up, and I used to be amazed at the fights, but I slowly lost interest when I discovered that most of it was scripted and the wrestlers play according to the scripts. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it has lost the originality I once thought it had.

I slowly lost interest when I discovered that most of it was scripted and the wrestlers play according to the scripts.
Sami Zane a well known wrestler said in a post match press conference, "Look you all know what this is right? But just remember that some of this is real". They like to build story lines around real issues between the wrestlers. One can usually tell which matches are fake, and which ones are where the wrestlers are trying very hard to win.

The storylines are what keep people coming back for more and watching the shows each week. WrestleMania this weekend was a perfect reason as to why storylines work as well as they do in wrestling and the way the stories were ended this weekend could not have gone any better.

Sami Zane a well known wrestler said in a post match press conference, "Look you all know what this is right? But just remember that some of this is real". They like to build story lines around real issues between the wrestlers. One can usually tell which matches are fake, and which ones are where the wrestlers are trying very hard to win.
I wouldn't say the matches are fake but they are stunts, they are in very real situations where they can get hurt and we have seen it happen with some wrestlers who either can no longer wrestle or have had to take extended time out after becoming injured.

Wrestlers are very much stunt actors.

I don't know why it's so high-poo in the US, but I watched a few short videos on Nystagram and YouTube. All I know is that Rock, Kobe and John Cena are back in the ring and it's probably because everyone is interested because they see old wrestlers performing again

I don't know why it's so high-poo in the US,
It's because it's entertaining as it can get. The things they can do with their bodies is mind blowing, and some story lines are made up but some are real. It's great fun to try and figure out which is which. :)

It's because it's entertaining as it can get. The things they can do with their bodies is mind blowing, and some story lines are made up but some are real. It's great fun to try and figure out which is which. :)
Yeah that's the problem, why are the storylines made up? Can't we just like have a real fight without the wrestlers going by the script?

Yeah that's the problem, why are the storylines made up? Can't we just like have a real fight without the wrestlers going by the script?
The wrestling companies need to be able to control the violence. Afterall you can't have your talent always on the shelf due to injuries.

I remember that we have been having this debate if WWE is scripted or real. It is a good source of entertainment although it is scripted. I don't watch wrestling though.

I remember that we have been having this debate if WWE is scripted or real. It is a good source of entertainment although it is scripted. I don't watch wrestling though.
I think it is all as entertaining as you can get. My girlfriend didn't like it at first, now she is totally into it.

Well, I cannot argue that wrestlemania is a good source of entertainment. Just that I have lost some amount of interest in it right now.

Featured Articles

Back